New Audacity 3.6 features

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For those using Audacity (for those that don't know, it's FREE), they now have more effects and a master channel.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 58
Didn't audacity switch hands years ago and become owned by a sketchy developer? Its been so long I don't remember, but I'm sure I read something about that. A quick google search says that they were bought by muse group in 2021, which doesn't seem sketchy, but i recall that it was longer than that ago, way before I signed up for an iLL account.

I have fond memories of using audacity before I knew anything at all about making music. Right out of highschool, me and my buddy recording our verses over anno domini beats in a storage room outside his dads basement suite with my blue yeti mic set on a stack of old textbooks.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Honestly I wouldn't have any idea. I haven't used audacity for a long ass time. Looking into it apparently the uproar was definitely a thing, it just wasn't as long ago as I thought it was. Apparently audacity going to muse group involved a change to their privacy policy around data collection. Doesn't really affect me so clearly i didn't look into it enough.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 254
Honestly I wouldn't have any idea. I haven't used audacity for a long ass time. Looking into it apparently the uproar was definitely a thing, it just wasn't as long ago as I thought it was. Apparently audacity going to muse group involved a change to their privacy policy around data collection. Doesn't really affect me so clearly i didn't look into it enough.
You are certainly referring to this: https://www.techradar.com/news/audacity-fans-are-absolutely-furious-right-now-heres-why

"An update to the Audacity privacy policy has raised concerns the audio editor may be used to harvest a wealth of user data under its new ownership. Audacity was purchased earlier this year by a company called Muse Group, which owns various music and audio software, such as Ultimate Guitar, MuseScore and Tonebridge. When the acquisition was announced, Muse Group promised the software would remain free and open source. However, sections of the community believe the new privacy policy runs counter to philosophies and ambitions of the open source movement; some have gone as far as to call Audacity 'spyware'."

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Yeah. Did some more looking into it and that's what I found. Not as bad as I remember, and also not even close to as long ago either. Time is weird.