Never mind AI... SciFi music making...!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm not surprised to see something like this. It looks really good though. I can just picture in the future where beatmakers are flailing their arms around to a furious beat lol.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Honestly i think a glove directed towards music making software would lend well to taking over the job of pads, using accelerometers in the fingers to A) produce the sound and B) tune velocity. You could make each finger represent a pad. Obviously it wouldn't be as useful as having a full pad setup as far as variety of sounds at once go, but i find i can tap way tighter times while moving just my fingers than the wrist/arm movement that pads require, and also would completely take accuracy off of the table. It just becomes what finger does what. It's actually kind of a neat idea. I think for it to work you would have to use them on a table, maybe with something on the fingertips that can tell when it hits the table, and the accelerometer to figure out the velocity. If I only had robotics, electronics and coding knowledge to make that a thing.

*edit* honestly you could probably do away with accelerometers entirely and have everything work the way pads do with sensors that directly measure the pressure applied.