Administrator
illest o.g.
Found this:

native-instruments_maschine-mk3.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So apparently on Amazona.de they put this article up but then it was taken down. I guess someone messed up. I found the cache version:

"Native Instruments today introduced a new version of its machine controller. Native Instruments MK3 will be available from 05 October. Here is the most important information about the third generation of the controller:

The modern production and performance system Native Instruments machine MK3 has a new design in the now third generation. The first point of view is two new high-resolution color displays, which the manufacturer has already placed in the upper right corner as in the previous ones. In this case, the search for sounds, the editing of notes or the slicing of samples is now easier and faster. Overall, the layout of the controls as well as the texture of the buttons were changed, according to Native Instruments, this was optimized on the basis of customer and artist surveys. Also new is the 4-dimensional Push Encoder, which is designed to simplify browsing within the sounds and navigating. Many new dedicated buttons for frequently used functions like Note Input Mode,

An important component of the new Native Instruments machine MK3 is a 24 bit / 96 kHz audio interface with stereo and microphone inputs as well as line and headphone outputs. This increases the application area very clearly and makes the machine a bit more a "Production and Performance System". The power supply should be continued via USB, alternatively via the included power supply.

New is also the so-called "Smart Strip", which is to offer a completely new playing feeling: chords like play on the guitar or machine Perform FX control should be possible.

Available is Native Instruments machine MK3 from the 05. October 2017, the price is as well as the MK2 version at 599, - US dollar / euro.

price
  • 599, - US Dollar / Euro"
From what I'm reading - it's going to have a built-in audio interface???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It definitely looks dope, however, a lot of users are asking for version 3.0 of the software to fix bugs and bring in long-awaited features. There's no word on that yet though.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Apparently they didn't put holes at the bottom so it won't fit the Maschine stand from the MK1 and MK2. :mad:
The audio interface is a nice addition but I don't know how many people will have a use for it since most people have an interface already.

It somehow feels like a hybrid model. It's like they've put out a new controller that is tied to a computer but has some standalone features.

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351
@Fade maybe that's their whole idea to imitate a standalone controller. We already saw with the MK1 and 2 that their tryna the mouse and keyboard as useless as possible. Their probably jus adding hardware features now

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
the only thing i don't like about it is that you can't sample internally (from the computer), although you can use the interface to play things internally. for instance, you can play youtube through the interface, but can't sample from youtube directly into machine (without the usual workarounds). other than that, i think it's a beast.

Battle Points: 50
Im an absolute NI Fan Boy. I would love to get my hands on. But I`ll stick with my Maschine Studio until I beat the shit out of it and break it. But what I would love is an Update, so that the Maschine software is more like an regular DAW. It coasts me too much time to bounce all tracks out of the Maschine and rearrange it in Studio One to mix it.

muzikFreak

Beatmaker
Maschine MK3 looks very appealing ,i have a Mikro Mk2 and it makes wonders but i ll wait for something new from NI, maybe something to fight with the MPC live and X

BezO

The Artisan
Came down to the MK3 and MPC Touch for me. I went with the Touch because the screen was more useful for my purposes, and I had at least some experience with the MPC workflow.

But the MK3 looks like a nice piece of equipment, especially since I use a lot of NI instruments. Took a lot not to grab one.

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
I sold my Maschine Studio and got the MK3 at release. So far i am very pleased. Can actually sit away from the PC with just my Turntable and the MK3 and bang out a beat. Couldnt really do this since my Akai MPC 2000XL. I hope they continue to develop the Maschine Software though cause i think its super wack especially coming from Pro Tools and Ableton Live. Being able to actually Mix inside of the maschine software would be pretty sick. Either that or them actually improving the way it integrates with Ableton Live. 2.7 update with Time-Stretch was a nice update though.