Native Instruments Maschine Jam!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
"MASCHINE JAM is the modern digital instrument – your shortest avenue from inspiration to reality. Capture ideas and create tracks in an intuitive production ecosystem. Sequence and arrange on the fly with an 8x8 multicolor click-pad matrix. Shape and perform sounds in inspiring ways using eight dual-touch Smart Strips. And bring it all together with the power of the included MASCHINE software."

Just saw this: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-jam/

img-welcome-hero-maschine-jam_overview_welcome-ef90a4e23a97e2eea76f0a42e6160be7-d.jpg

My first impression is that it's a mix between Maschine and Ableton. What do you think?

Here's another video:

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Looks really interesting. All the videos I can find so far though are of electronic music....will be good to see how hip hop producers utilise this hardware.
Yeah that's always an issue I have as well. It's like as if the people designing these things don't realize there's other forms of music.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
i'm pretty drunk right now, but wtf!?! another controller? and this is basically the ableton push,

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
i'm pretty drunk right now, but wtf!?! another controller? and this is basically the ableton push,
Yeah pretty much. It looks like they managed to combine Maschine and Push and create Jam. I don't know how popular it will be, but I'm guessing most of the stuff can be done on Maschine anyway.

members online