My samples got cleared!!!!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Aight, now y'all are prolly gonna hate when I don't say the artists name, but I can't let his name out, too much of his shit is hot, and after speaking with his publisher/agent/manager type person she said nobody has ever used his stuff to sample before. I landed on a gold mine.

Anyways, I was browsing through some music on iTunes and happened to find this dude. Listend to his shit, loved it, downloaded it then started choppin them up. Then I saw curious and started doin some reasearch and I found his office number at the label or whatever. I left a message, told them I'm a student, would like to use some worl to sample, and in the future it could be sold. They hit me back and said, sure, you can use it, just sign a release saying if in the future it goes commercial, that you will contact us to work out a deal. I thought that was pretty cool......Also they would like to hear what I have done with it

Any of y'all every try to clear the samples you use???

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
no and dont intend too..
she said nobody has ever used his stuff to sample before
dont bet on it, it prolly has but no one tried to clear that stuff.

C

Copenhagen

I will not be as pessimistic as Rigor ;) ...congrats on your first cleared sample.

Aeast

ill o.g.
thats inspiring
i aint cleared nah one sample but i might try after hearing your little story

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you had better work out that deal NOW...cos what if that deal is to take 70%!!! unlikely but the deal could surprise you when the time comes..so work out the deal now b4 u release the sample.

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
ALL the samples i use are from the country im from and old russian revolutionary songs...so i dont really think i need 2 clear samples with them, they probably wont even figure out thats their shit on the beats....sometimes u just gotta get slick with the samples....but as far as sampling...no one not even the owner of the original gives a shit if u use it until u GET PAID...then watch out...theyll be nice now...but when the money comes thru....forget about it

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yeah

pirell said:
you had better work out that deal NOW...cos what if that deal is to take 70%!!! unlikely but the deal could surprise you when the time comes..so work out the deal now b4 u release the sample.

yeah mayne! Watch out. I bet ya that they'll turn shady on ya when it's time to cash in.
I was expecting you to tell us about how much loot thy're charging u 2 get the sample cleared or percentage, but they didn't. I don't like the sound of that mayne. Good luck though.

ill o.g.
"They hit me back and said, sure, you can use it, just sign a release saying if in the future it goes commercial, that you will contact us to work out a deal. "

forgive me if Im wrong but I dont think you cleared anything they just said go head use it if you make some good $$$ we'll be waiting...I thought clearing samples meant free of charge as in your in the clear...

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Renegade said:
"They hit me back and said, sure, you can use it, just sign a release saying if in the future it goes commercial, that you will contact us to work out a deal. "

forgive me if Im wrong but I dont think you cleared anything they just said go head use it if you make some good $$$ we'll be waiting...I thought clearing samples meant free of charge as in your in the clear...
Cleared means your given permission to use the sample, and put it out commercially or however the beat maker/producer chooses to do with track.

members online