Music is getting worse

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade live for takes like this and agree from a production standpoint but surely you know ol’ boy is a Boomer who laments the glory days of in-your-face excess “I wanna rock and roll all night and party everyday” cock rock. This is a dude who most likely doesn’t listen to new music, period.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I @Fade live for takes like this and agree from a production standpoint but surely you know ol’ boy is a Boomer who laments the glory days of in-your-face excess “I wanna rock and roll all night and party everyday” cock rock. This is a dude who most likely doesn’t listen to new music, period.
:headache:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade did dig the interview Beato had w/Tim Pierce whom I didn’t know has played on a shit ton of 90’s R&B worth listening to!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 567
Jokes aside, yeah bang on the money - pretty much a lot of what I've said before.
Might direct Arv and 2G here when they complain about my loose drums :LOL:

You know I'm someone who cares about music, but this is what I've said even for me - streaming has kind of ruined my music consumption; back in the day I used to love buying music getting an album, sitting with the physical product, 'owning' it, and when I used to listen to albums there would be songs I would skip past, which later ended up becoming my favorite songs on the album as I started listening to them more and realising how good they were --- I don't get that now; I don't even really check albums. I'll listen to it a few times, then I'm gone.
In a way the Spotify 'song radio' has proveed good for me finding new artists and songs in styles I like, however, I very rarely end up even remembering an artist name or song. There's tonnes I've forgotten about --- recently it has gotten a little better, when I hone on specific songs or artists then start the kind of 'radio' again, or skip back and listen over simialr things, same names and songs start popping up.
But yeh, I really miss that relationship with music , holding the physical product, taking it to someone to show. Etc.

As for music being too 'easy to make', you know my thoughts, glad he dissed trap ha, but personally, I think music being 'easy to make' is largely a good thing, however, the issue as I've expressed many a time, is there is no quality control --- anyone can upload and distribute anything, this coupled with how devalued music is means less and less people have the ability to even discern what is good music. Which leads to...

Record companies + AI ... I don't know who decides on laws regarding music tbh, but this needs to become a clear legislation, at least be revisited in recording contracts. You will have to fight for rights to your likeness, have included that any works instigated using your likeness have x% of royalties attributed to you as it would typically. That is provided that the legislation and copyright laws are drawn up to support that.

But combining thoselast two points... the new generation doesnt value music, or have the relationship to realise it, oversaturated with music, and shit music, and music that sounds the same --- do you really think they will care? Guy said his kids or someone could tell the AI made ones, however, people will just happily listen to whatever shit theyre shipped, so that really doesn't bode well with the Label AI and all the info above.

One caveat though, is that common in recording contracts is that record labels often have a bit that says about rights to your music on "Casette, CD, Vinly, MP3 and on any medium not yet invented" including territories such as the universe. So it is only natural they will try to get in on these new formats. However, this AI thing is really eerie and really does not bode well. The good thing, though, is that they would need to 'train' it, so you would need enough original material for it to even have an identity to replicate; If they just take you face value, they will only be able to create based on what has come before, no new flows or song styles etc. So there will always be that edge and space for 'coming with something new' --- just depends if people care to hear it.

@Iron Keys Re: Loose drums. Its about pocket, its fine having loose drums as long as everything else is in that loose pocket with the drums, or things start fighting each other timing wise. It ends up just sounding awkward and overly "human" to the point the drummer is shit, lol.

As for music getting worse, I personally feel like mine keeps getting better. Thats all I really care about. Putting in the work, and getting better, making music that I enjoy listening to. The reality is, Im my biggest fan, and I make music for me, nobody else is buying it, or even can tbh. I need to get onto that.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The tech we have now for making beats is amazing but it's also extremely convenient, which is both good and bad. There's no rush to make 50 beats in a day, there never was. Yet we're in a situation where that's a reality so people are doing just that. It should be quality over quantity, not the opposite. I could go on about how the production today has been greatly reduced because of the tech.

As far as music consumption, paying a monthly fee to access pretty much all the music in the world is ridiculous. Sure, it's convenient but it devalues everything so we're left with music that's very easy to just skip through and doesn't bring any joy, as opposed to actually sitting down and listening to an album from beginning to end and just enjoying it for what it is.

I'm looking at this from a production standpoint, and I agree 100% with what this guy is saying. I've been saying for years about how the technology has made music worse, and he's got some great points in here.

This guy wouldn't have nothing to complain about if the government didn't take a lot of instruments out of school. Plus instruments cost too much for these poor kids out here even if they did get a job they would have to help out their household with that money. He's throwing and flossing his white privilege (I got a job and got my equipment) on (OUR) social media because his parents most likely was well off. Plus, the number one thing "They" wasn't teaching people anything. A lot of stuff was a secret back then so a course a new way to create music will come to be and now we have Hiphop. Music getting worse and their to blame :unsure::LOL::LOL:

This guy wouldn't have nothing to complain about if the government didn't take a lot of instruments out of school. Plus instruments cost too much for these poor kids out here even if they did get a job they would have to help out their household with that money. He's throwing and flossing his white privilege (I got a job and got my equipment) on (OUR) social media because his parents most likely was well off. Plus, the number one thing "They" wasn't teaching people anything. A lot of stuff was a secret back then so a course a new way to create music will come to be and now we have Hiphop. Music getting worse and their to blame :unsure::LOL::LOL:
My school music lessons consisted of us all being given a keyboard and a pair of headphones.
I hated music lessons at school.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't know what his race or age has to do with today's music being worse, but ok.

I was talking about his privilege. How he has it easier than lower class people to get what he wants to so called make music great. He made have some truth in this video on what he's saying but most kids would've tune out on what he's saying
Most kids think they know it all already and dont listen to anybody much.
Rick started out as a guitarist. A bog standard guitarist, then invested in his career and advanced into production.

"Beato was born in Fairport, New York, a suburb 9 miles (14 km) east of Rochester. He is the sixth of seven children; he has two sisters and four brothers. His family life was highly musical; at an early age he was introduced to the rock music of the 1960s by his older sisters. His mother's siblings and father were musicians and music teachers; there was always music of many different eras and genres playing in the house. He started playing cello at seven; at 13 he switched to the double bass and at 14 he started playing guitar. He initially learned to play guitar by ear training himself; after several years he began formal training from a neighbor who owned a local music store.[4]

After graduating from Fairport High School in 1980, he studied at Ithaca College obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in classical bass. He earned a master's degree in jazz guitar studies from the New England Conservatory of Music in 1987.[5][6][4]"

From Wikipedia