MTA Strike in New York City ... CRAZY!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Man what do all thje nyc and jersey cats think about this strike thats going on? ... for those that dont know the MTA(who provide subway and bus transportation for 7 million new yorkers daily) went on strike seeking better retirement pensions and higher salaries .. this is fucin new york up big time and people are walking across all the major bridges and either have to find a taxi or walk to get anywhere ... this shit is crazy .. i stayed my ass home.... i wasnt about to walk miles in that cold weather ....... its crazy how much of the city relies on the mass transit to get around ... the city is basically a mess ... the strike is putting nyc in an official "state of emergency" ... i think the workers have a right to strike but goddamn niggas cant keep this shit up its really fucin up the city.. the transit workers and the mta officals better reach some kind of agreement before something crazy happens ...

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Yo i remember when that shyt happened in L.A. , but we dont rely on public transit as much though so i am sure it is effectin u guys worse....The thing is from what i am told MTA workers make pretty good money .....at least the drivers do, but every year they threaten to strike

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lemme tell you,

Just imagine the only transportation to your paycheck is gone.

You live over 20 miles from your only source of income and your living on your last DOLLARS.

Just imagine,
There being no end in sight because people in power (With Big money by the way) are busy playing politics while claiming to represent the hardworker stuck in the middle-

Being a New Yorker is ruff in these days.

I just hope it doesnt get worse.

Peace to all of my Hardworking Money earning New Yorkers.

WE GOTTTA ALL KEEP OUR HEADZ UP....................

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i got off from school cuz of this..its kinda wack cuz now i cant get around the city

T

The Bastard

the mbta in boston threatens to strike every year too.disgusts me they want more money every year for bad service. they lucky they in the union or else they wouldnt say shit .

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The Bastard said:
the mbta in boston threatens to strike every year too.disgusts me they want more money every year for bad service. they lucky they in the union or else they wouldnt say shit .

so you don't it's neccesary for the union to exist?

everytime there's a strike you should support the workers on strike, even though it may affect you. you can't turn on the working class and say that they digust you. cause that's just wrong.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
This shit sucks, The decided to strike on my first damn day of work, i gotta walk to work and shit its freakin 26 degrees and im from flordia, Im having to walk over 2 miles to work.

I gotta walk all the way to downtown brooklyn(layfette and fulton)
this shit is my introduction to working in NYC, WTF!!!

Aleast i live and work in brooklyn though , i feel bad for the cats who gotta cross that bridge.... Also if this strike goes on i have no way of getting home for the holidays

Holmz how u getting to work

class...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah i was thinkin about that a few days ago that your moving to brooklyn. that's some shit man but it is a workout an it will pay off fa sure. Florida spoiled you hahah

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
its not that its a shock its just that NEw York is bigg n tough to get around without the train or bus man fa sho. My sister lives by central park if it wasnt for the columbia shuttle she wouldnt be able to get to jersey for christmas un less 4 of us got to get her cuz they only letting cars wit a certain amount of ppl get thru the tunnels. thats crazy man fa sho at least the njtransit and path still working

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
classic said:
This shit sucks, The decided to strike on my first damn day of work, i gotta walk to work and shit its freakin 26 degrees and im from flordia, Im having to walk over 2 miles to work.

I gotta walk all the way to downtown brooklyn(layfette and fulton)
this shit is my introduction to working in NYC, WTF!!!

Aleast i live and work in brooklyn though , i feel bad for the cats who gotta cross that bridge.... Also if this strike goes on i have no way of getting home for the holidays

Holmz how u getting to work

class...
One of my dudes just moved there on monday to work at MSG....he stays in Roosevelt...and he said it was an hour and a half walk in some cold ass weather...bad timing for both of a yall i guess

P.S. I noticed aint no more Florida reppin in the location in your sig no more....whats up with that???LOL

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
classic said:
Ohh please, dident u notice the proud to be southern comment in my quote section, IM repping tampa bay FLA for LIFE...screw this NYC shit LOL

class...

yeah i'm with class!! screw nyc! i'm reppin tulsa for life! umm heya wait a minute i gotta think this over

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i walked over the brooklyn bridge and then from chambers st (lower manhattan fininacaial district all the way to 34th street (midtown) ... took me like damn near 3 hours

i felt like those makin da band cats lmao! when they had to walk to brooklyn and get puffy a cheesecake ha!!