mpc2000xl

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
trying to avoid buying a new pad sensor sheet
having trouble finding info online, sems everyone replaces them the only repairs are for 1000 so far...
has anyone found a way to repair these joints?
I followed the trace in the ribbon and see that the top row corresponds with the top of the ribbon, closest to the screen...
I thought maybe the ribbon wasnt seated probably, I hoped...
opened the clip, wiggled it, shoved it. still nothing from 13-16
everything else still fired.
I would rock like that until I can buy the sheet next week but not having my 16 levels is a big time bummer.

I got my multimeter out and thought I could test the sheet somehow, bit don't know how.
Any idea how I can test the sheet before I dump----

never mind. It's only fifty dollars. I drink that on saturdays.
gonna see about overnighting it

still got another question.
anybody rockin the fat pads?
how they feel compared to oem?
reliable?
is mpcstuff the only source for mpc stuff?
THANKS
keep bangin

MRP

Battle Points: 2
Yeah man, I got the fat pads from MPCStuff, they came with cork rubber round sticky back pads, and you place one on each of the sensors and then put the pads on them, I personally find them much tougher rubber than the originals (or what there is on my Machine) but quite sensitive so happy with it to be honest! Hope that helps yo!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah man, I got the fat pads from MPCStuff, they came with cork rubber round sticky back pads, and you place one on each of the sensors and then put the pads on them, I personally find them much tougher rubber than the originals (or what there is on my Machine) but quite sensitive so happy with it to be honest! Hope that helps yo!
Nice! I'm going to get some eventually but I also heard that some people don't like the fat ones. And is it true that MPCstuff put their logo on of the pads? That sucks.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Try @drex looking at Guitar Center for a used MPC w/a CF reader.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
*update
in the last few years I changed the screen, the contacts, and the pads. (added the corx. might take em out to slow double taps). then I proceeded to neglect the MP for FL when I wasn't neglecting both for nothin... recently replaced the failed 3.5 and now I'm back to neglecting it.I use it once a month to 'fix' my earlier beats and things like that.

members online