MPC 2000 classic joint!

Presto7737

ill o.g.
Question right...I might be getting an MPC 2000 on ebay (2 days left on bidding). I'm worried cuz u can't hook it up to a PC with USB. Is that really a big damn deal? I got a lot of samples, loops, etc on my PC. And how is it for sampling from vinyl (chop shop?) No built in effects to right? I also bidded on the expansion board shit and some ram and a zip drive...is this a good opener to the MPC world...let me know something please.

Fucking producing on a budget sucks boy!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
sounds like ur buying before ur doing ur research .. u gotta try one out .. there not for everybody .... a plain 2000 is missing some key features u will find in the 2000xl and more recent models ... a 1000 with the new os upgrade has more capabilities than a plain 2000 .. but do u .. if u really want it then get it who am i to stop u

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
i assume that since your getting it off ebay if you win the auction, that the mp is using either a floppy drive or zip drive. Depending how large your samples are you can just drag an drop your samples soley using your pc to your A: drive to a disk. Take the disk out your pc then put it into your mp to upload the samples there. You dont really need a usb connection. You should also be able to take whatever kind of drive is installed on your MP2k and replace it with a flash multi media drive for flash cards etc... they save more data and faster to load and upload from. But thats another topic, just get familiar with the MP first.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I got the 2500 and after about a year of staring at it I must say I LOVE the thing.
Even without it tricked out its more than enuff to do some really nice stuf.
50 cal on the other hand preffers the 1000 over the 2500 no matter how much reason I try to instill in him..lol
So its a matter of preference really.

dfine

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i wanna get an mp too. Is the 2000 a was of time? I know how to time stretch and chop on the pc. is that the only diff? and is the screen easy to replace/find?

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
i wanna get an mp too. Is the 2000 a was of time? I know how to time stretch and chop on the pc. is that the only diff? and is the screen easy to replace/find?

The mpc 2000 or any mpc is only a waste of time if u dont use it. You can get alot of use out of the 2k. Its an easy machine to work/use. What do you expect out it? That is something to keep in consideration when purchasing new gear.

Nicole

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17

Mantas

Diggin 4 Life
ill o.g.
Question right...I might be getting an MPC 2000 on ebay (2 days left on bidding). I'm worried cuz u can't hook it up to a PC with USB. Is that really a big damn deal? I got a lot of samples, loops, etc on my PC. And how is it for sampling from vinyl (chop shop?) No built in effects to right? I also bidded on the expansion board shit and some ram and a zip drive...is this a good opener to the MPC world...let me know something please.

Fucking producing on a budget sucks boy!

1) fuck a usb. u dont need it. buy an external card reader. its possible to install internal card reader, but its a big headache;
2) its good for choppin as soon as u get used to it. no autochop function though. but the solution could be samplin to the pc, chop with recycle for example and then get the samples on the cf;
3) no built in effects, except lowpass filter. but u can get an optional effects board for the 2k easy;
4) yes, its extremely easy to learn.

and yes its limited compared to other mpcs, but arent limitations an advantage?

Presto7737

ill o.g.
Well man...down the road I ended up copping a 1000 with JJ OS. Luving it. Bout to try and get a Fantom Xa now.

members online