MPC 1000 vs. SP 606

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Which one do you think is better for hip hop production. SP 606 has cool features and is pretty much similar to mpc 1k. mpc 1k however is the classic tool. Holla back with some comments which one you think is better.

Vex

ill o.g.
MPC 1000 most definately.

The SP only has a 4 track sequencer!!! What you gonna do with 4 tracks? The MPC 1K has a 64 track sequencer, plus the classic MPC feel, groove and sound.

It really is worth spending your money on the MPC, trust me. Dont be fooled by all the SP's lil features, they will soon run thin.

The SP is a very nice tool, but i think it is mainly aimed at the dance world. The 1K is an ill piece.

safe.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man this is really a no brainer. i think roland is really clueless to what htey are doing here. the mpc is head and shoulders ahead of the 606.

T

The Bastard

i cant wait for guitar center to get the 606 in i wanna fuck wit it

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ya know after serious considerations and shit yall right the mpc is much better. for real tho what is that bullshit 4 track sequencer? u cant do shit with that. so i'ma cop the mpc
I accept all forms of donations ;)
holla

T

The Bastard

brooklynstyle said:
ya know after serious considerations and shit yall right the mpc is much better. for real tho what is that bullshit 4 track sequencer? u cant do shit with that. so i'ma cop the mpc
I accept all forms of donations ;)
holla

4 tracks isnt that bad i dont use much more than 4 tracks myself , and u can program multiple sounds on each track so it aint that bad,the sound and feel i donnu about if the pads are like the ones on the fantom which they prolly will be thats knd of a rip off them things feel like buttons on a fisher price toy

Vex

ill o.g.
word them pads on the Fantom X are hard and kinda unresponsive (but i think that can be adjusted)

you will have no problem with the pads on the 1000.

there is a way to get more tracks out of the SP like Inspectah said, but it wouldnt be very convienient or professional. you can see on the demo video that they are trying to make the 4 tracks seem ok, but there not.

safe.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yo i messed with tha 1000 while away in seattle....that thing is pretty ill....Tho, i think that now that ive felt tha awsome rubbery pads that those things have on them - Id rather step up to tha 2000 for a little bit more change....I did a little research and tha 2000 has a few more features that may be favorable?....They both look dope tho and tha 1000 def closer to my poor ass range....but ima keep dreamin!:)

Vex

ill o.g.
The 2000XL has a few better features, but as far as the 2000 goes, the 1000 kills it.

If you already use the computer alot then the 1000 has USB which is a huge advantage.

safe.

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why did yall started talking about mpc 2000? sp 606 ain't even there with it.

ill o.g.
SyN said:
ouch... i hate hearing those words... guitar center.. WHY!!!!!!!!!!... Talk about the corporations taking over...

Whats wrong wit guitar center? Thats the only music store i been to that you can actually turn your shit up, whether your scratchin or makin some beats or playin the drums or keyboards or a guitar or somethin. All the other music stores iv been to are quiet as fuck, and people ask if they can help you every to seconds. Thats real annoyin to me.

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I read somewhere the sp 606 has 4 tracks per pattern not 4 tracks in total.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Vex said:
The SP only has a 4 track sequencer!!! What you gonna do with 4 tracks?
You can do alot with 4 tracks...I had a Boss DR-5 (which had a 4 track sequencer) and that was like my first piece of real gear and I learned that thing inside out, I definetly freaked some tight beatr only with 4 tracks!!! I now have a MPC1K :).

members online