Monitors And Soundcards

M

Mcrob

If you were to have a very good monitor (lets say about $1000 or more) but you had a bad soundcard (soundblaster) can you still get a good result? Would you recommended getting a really expensive soundcard over some monitors, vice versa or get both?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I would say get a good soundcard first. Think about it - if you have a shit soundcard and amazing speakers, do you think the sound will be good? The monitors are just displaying the true sound that's coming out of the soundcard. So if the soundcard is shit, then shit sounds will be coming out of your monitors.

M

Mcrob

Yeah I am proud that I researched on the mac and pc and realized that it wouldn't make any sense getting a mac because the two does the exact same work. So much for soundcards I wonder which programs are good for record vocals. I wanna load it up with a good soundcard so I can get the best out of my vocals when I record.

ez

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't wanna get into the mac vs pc debate, but there is differences between the two. You can do pro stuff with any of the two so it doesn't matter much. (for the record, I like and use mac)
If you got a good sound card, there is plenty of good software to record. I'm not an expert in voice recording but I use cubase for my sequencing AND my recording and it sound ok.

members online