Mixing Acapella with beat

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
on many of the beats that i make , i get the feeling that it is still empty and that it would need to an mc to finish it off , somtimes this is not possible , so ive tried mixing in an acapella ....many times i have entered these into the showcase and get criticised for my acapella being totally off beat, how do i know when its mixed in right , at the moment, i listen to the original track of wher the acapella is from and i listen to what words from the lyrics hit on the snares , then i try and match this up onto my beat......is this the right way to do it ? what other ways are ther to mix in an acapella

thanks

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Being off has nothing to do with mixing its the sequencing thats off. Your acapella is most likely a different temp than the beat. There is a couple of things you can do, time stretch the acapella, cut the beat up and shorten/lenghten the pauses etc or use an acapella that already fits the tempo.

~NW~

Young Qyu

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I remix a lot, after I find a acapella with the same tempo as my beat, I listen to the intro of the original. I also listen to where the snares hit so I have a reference point. Then I just line it up so the first couple lines hit with my snare or something. You should be able to just listen and know the acapella is off if you have any sense of rhythm. Just make sure your beat is EXACTLY the same tempo as the original, or else the acapella goes out of sync in the end. Try matching up the hooks if the verses are too confusing. Some rappers have a more rhythmic flow, and some like jayz are a bit tougher until the chorus.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Like everyone else said...the key is matching the vocals with the beat. I get the impression that you already know that but youre still having problems. My suggestion is to find yourself either a metronome or a bpm counter. Both are fairly cheap and I think they will assist you in getting your vocals in sync with your beat.

Let me add this...Just because your beat sounds incomplete without vocals doesnt really mean that it is. Alot of the songs that we hear everyday would sound incomplete without the vocals. Alot of good producers allow room for vocals intentually. Sometimes you'll find that theres too much stuff going on with lyrics on your beats. So don't think that it's incomplete just because it doesn't have vocals. You just have to make that call on whats balanced and whats not.

-dac-

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
man.... listen go check out ya favorite rapper and listen to when he comes in to a verse and how he spits on the beat
dont get caught into all this hype on buying this and that and getting this that equipment or programs to help u!!!
this is what is wrong with producers today.
they are getting lazy
sh*t i remember spend hours and even breaking night trying to practice on how to blend vocals and so on!! stop looking for the easy way out!
trust your ears. go listen to a few songs not even rap anything
and u will see that in rap or ect. alot of the vocals are either on top of the beat
or on the bottom of the beat
see and listen to how the artist structures his or hers vocals wit a beat
of course the bpm matters a lot
but it all go with practicing your technic on matching vocals. practice speeding up the beat or slowing down the beat and the same with the vocals
yeah it takes time to learn and craft your production nag!
but then there is also a easy way out of
get ya bpm counter then you will know your bpm on the beat and vocals
but rember one thing if you truly love what you do just remeber
the things that come easy
you dont really respect as much
but the things that come harder and u had to work for it
u respect more and yourself
remember less is sometimes more effective then bunch
u dont want your beats to be clouded
more less
JUST TURN YA CELL OFF TURN OFF ALL COMUNICATIONS TO YOU
AND LOCK YOUR F***#** SELF UP IN THE ROOM AND PRACTICE!
i've done it and still do it to this day!! lmao
there is always room for improvement!
*WIZARD*
myspace.com/wawbeatz