Mind Blowing

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm just so intrigued at the amount of music available on the internet. It's like there's no end to how far you can dig and find music that you had either forgotten about or never knew existed. I'm even finding tons ultra rare stuff that Record stores are selling for top $'s. I've found music that record stores couldn't find and that just amazes me. I'm not going to stop supporting "good music", but it's very tempting to just say forget it and grab everything off the internet.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Oh, the reason I didn't want you to ditch your vinyl is the same reason I won't stop supporting "good music"... The thing about vinyl is that it's kinda like getting rid of the oldest dinosaur skeleton in your museum to make room for a dogs skeleton. It's just an irreplaceable part of hip hop history.

But I understand there are some things that we must do to advance and move on to better things. It just sucks.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I wish I could just develop a huge vinyl collection....I

1. Don't have the space
2. Don't have the money to keep spending on dope vinyl
3. Don't have access to dope record shops out here in Orlando. There are a couple decent ones but they aren't like the ones in NY..

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
mars.JPG

Dac, just remember... there's no such thing as digging on the internet!

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What gets me is just the expansion of info period...i mean at anytime u can pull my phone out and find out ANYTHING.... Im old enough to be pre cellphone and internet, but this new generation takes it completly for granted.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
"vinyl" is like fish in the ocean... or better yet insects... there are billions of them, and everyday, u will find a new species... its like it will never grow old... thats why sampling is so much fun to some of us.. we are always lookin for that one "record" with the hot sample or sound on it, that no one else has... and once u make a beat with it... everybody's tryin ta figure out where it from, who made it, etc.. its a rush for us... the internet turned it into a nuclear explosion!

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Oh nooo Pug, I was laughing at the "there's no such thing as internet digging" part. I'm an advocate for vinyl...I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,300 12" records. I still search and buy them today but my resources are very thin now.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
in my heydey... b4 i got the RS7000... i used the Roland MKS 100, then i bought a used S950 in 1993 i believe... i went from an 8 second sampler to having a whole 1 minute!!! b4 gettin it tho, i went to Colony Records in midtown Manhattan NYC... between them, Tower Records, Music Factory, and Beat Street, i was in sampling HEAVEN!!! now, everything is a mouse click away, and i dont sample just records anymore... we still got A1 Records though... i hope they stay awhile.. i went there a few times as well... found out later Preemo, Large Pro, and all them guys were goin there as well... i thought somebody looked familiar... lol

Colony:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1386333480/manhattan-lullaby-a-documentary-about-colony-recor

Beat Street:

A1 Records

sigh... memories...

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
isn't Fulton out in Queens?

Edit: nevermind, it's in BK, (Bedsty)...I vaguely remember it but I think it's off of Atlantic.

I asked that question before I watched the first video...lol, Another DJ that spits on his fingers! Arrrrgh!