Maschine Slicing

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok so I loaded up a sample, sliced it. I already have a drum track set up. Now here's where I get confused:

When I hit Apply To or Apply for the samples, I know I can select where I want it to go. So for example I press Bank B to put all 16 slices of that sample. Now the problem is that it automatically creates MIDI notes of all 16, wtf.

How can I just have all 16 samples in Bank B, that way I can just play them and record over my drums? Cause right now when I play back the drums, it plays all the 16 pads of Bank B from 1-16.

Thanks.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
just hit select all and delete the midi notes it creates. What it tries to do is make it kinda like a rex file chop where it needs a midi trigger. Or you could even just clear that pattern with one click and those notes would be gone.

Are you using auto chop? I assume so, honestly I don't use that much as manual chopping is so freakin fast on maschine.

@Ace what # did you call, I had to change phones but my google voice number should still be the same.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks, DP! Ya I loaded the sample, go Edit then have it slice in 16 parts. I did what you said, just removed the MIDI notes then I was able to play the pads and record. Dope shit.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fade you might wanna try loading the whole sample to each pad in a given grouop and using the edit window to slice and tweak...

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i usually load it to pad 1, zone in on my first chop and then copy the pad with duplicate + pad to pad 2. that way my first sample's end is my next samples start. doesnt have to be that way, but sometimes it comes handy.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
i usually load it to pad 1, zone in on my first chop and then copy the pad with duplicate + pad to pad 2. that way my first sample's end is my next samples start. doesnt have to be that way, but sometimes it comes handy.

That is EXACTLY what I do... Works so awesomely. (wow...awesomely is a word...spell check didn't even mark it).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I haven't tried that yet but I want to.

So let's say I have a sample on Pad 1 and I want to cut it in half for example. I copy it to Pad 2, but how does that automatically make the 2nd part start on Pad 2? I'm a bit confused.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im tellin u man...just drop the track ur chopping on each pad...forget the "slice" function exists and use the "edit" window...its soooooo easy

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I haven't tried that yet but I want to.

So let's say I have a sample on Pad 1 and I want to cut it in half for example. I copy it to Pad 2, but how does that automatically make the 2nd part start on Pad 2? I'm a bit confused.

not automatically. but when you have the end marker on a zero crossing on pad 1 and copy it to pad 2, you can just move the start marker on pad 2 all the way to the right. that way your second sample starts with a zero crossing. as i said, not always necessary, but it can be useful. also, that way you copy the settings with the pad.
i also never use the slicing function as it takes longer to adjust the slice marks than it takes me to slice manually.

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ok so I loaded up a sample, sliced it. I already have a drum track set up. Now here's where I get confused:

When I hit Apply To or Apply for the samples, I know I can select where I want it to go. So for example I press Bank B to put all 16 slices of that sample. Now the problem is that it automatically creates MIDI notes of all 16, wtf.

How can I just have all 16 samples in Bank B, that way I can just play them and record over my drums? Cause right now when I play back the drums, it plays all the 16 pads of Bank B from 1-16.

Thanks.

just hit select all and delete the midi notes it creates. What it tries to do is make it kinda like a rex file chop where it needs a midi trigger. Or you could even just clear that pattern with one click and those notes would be gone.

Are you using auto chop? I assume so, honestly I don't use that much as manual chopping is so freakin fast on maschine.

@Ace what # did you call, I had to change phones but my google voice number should still be the same.

Go to bank B..Press Shift+clear(pad9) and all the midi notes/patterns will dissappear..cheers :)

members online