Made these a year ago

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Ambitions:
Great piano intro. Simple, but effective melody, nice harmonies, and creative use of counter melody. I more fleshed out arrangement may really bring this to life. Experiment with extended harmonies across different instruments (strings, horns, pads) and doubling some elements. Maybe even a bit slower tempo would let the notes themselves breathe a bit more and allow for more dynamic expression. This could be a really sweet, saccharine, and haunting melody at a slighly slower tempo. The bass line is effective, but I'm not a particular fan of the patch.

Risks:
Love this gliding mono bass! These type of strings under the Ambitions piano is what I had in my head. Great use of panning with the percussion. That plucky synth does a lot to add texture and atmosphere. I prefer Ambitions, but there are some great elements in here too!

Battle Points: 22
Thanks for listening & the feedback.. its much appreciated.

For Risks, I tried to add that same piano to it, but it didn't go well together. I still want to see if a piano does enhance its sound, so I'll repost if/when I do find one that fits. But here's Ambitions slowed down

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Thanks for listening & the feedback.. its much appreciated.

For Risks, I tried to add that same piano to it, but it didn't go well together. I still want to see if a piano does enhance its sound, so I'll repost if/when I do find one that fits. But here's Ambitions slowed down

Nothing here yet.
This is MENACING!

You changed the bass patch too? I think the melody/piano is FAR more emotive at this tempo. Curious to hear what you think about it at this tempo?

Battle Points: 22
I slowed everything down by 1 bpm.. & tbh I thought it sounded fine. Didnt get the chance to hear it at its highest volume to notice the difference. But after listening to it again, Im change it back and try stretching those individual instruments that you suggested.

Last edited: