Lyrics Ruin Beat

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do y'all ever hear a song where the lyrics just don't live up to the beat at all? The song that made me think of it was This Way by Dilated Peoples and Kanye. The beat is one of my all-time favorites, but I unfortunately can't say the same for the song as a whole. The flowin on this track is mediocre at best. What songs can y'all think of? I'm sure there are tons, this one just crossed my mind.

T

The Bastard

yeah, but i also hear sum beats that are lifeless till the right lyrics get dropped on it

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
yeah, but i also hear sum beats that are lifeless till the right lyrics get dropped on it

Oh fasho, but that's another topic...

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:

This is true...sometimes producers can overdue a beat and really leave no room for the MC to shine.

To tell you the truth...alotta G-Unit songs have hot beats but they're pretty basic lyrically.

the ultimate beat w/ weak lyrics (in my opinion anyway) is "Breathe" by Fabolous

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:

couple Biggie tracks like that.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
SpLitPerSonaliT said:
pretty much every beat dre made for 50
That was exactly what I was gonna say. Just think of all the good beats wasted........such a shame.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
i KNOW THE PERFECT ANSWER.... ANYTHING THE BLACK EYES PEAS TOUCH

how do u go from talking about "real hiphop" to singing w/ Justin Timberlake and picking up a girl to get more guys to listen to you... I'm not goin to even talk about that crappy ass song "my hump"....

SELL OUTS ! ! !

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Freakwncy said:
i KNOW THE PERFECT ANSWER.... ANYTHING THE BLACK EYES PEAS TOUCH

how do u go from talking about "real hiphop" to singing w/ Justin Timberlake and picking up a girl to get more guys to listen to you... I'm not goin to even talk about that crappy ass song "my hump"....

SELL OUTS ! ! !

LOL...signing the chic did work though...and she could get it.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
White Trash said:
word up, i was a big BEP fan back in 99,,,,then they fell off and now,,,what the fuck is"Lady Lumps"???? That shit is gay.

Dude, you'll fuck anything! When Buku comes to the crib,,,my fish stop swimmin!

Lol....nigga, you wouldn't fuck Fergie? That cause you too busy lookin at the Chinese dude. He reminds you of Clev....LOL!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah the humps is dipping into the generic factor of suck great country hits as, .. umm anything made by them fags big an rich. hopefully you don't know what i'm talkin about

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
too numerous to mention...

ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
Do y'all ever hear a song where the lyrics just don't live up to the beat at all? The song that made me think of it was This Way by Dilated Peoples and Kanye. The beat is one of my all-time favorites, but I unfortunately can't say the same for the song as a whole. The flowin on this track is mediocre at best. What songs can y'all think of? I'm sure there are tons, this one just crossed my mind.

I think most Dilated Peoples songs are like that, at least on Neighborhood Watch, but it makes a good partyrecord cause you don´t have to listen to the lyrics.