Long live hip-hop

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
After months of searching for new hip-hop acts I'd never heard of, I've discovered so much good hidden talent that it just blows my mind. I check sites like bandcamp, various blogs, and man, there's just so much stuff out there. Sure there's some crap, but it's nice to dispel the myth that hip-hop is on the downturn. I just bought 2 CD's yesterday... CD's! I rarely buy CD's, but when I find an act I like, I support regardless.

Long live hip-hop!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Exactly. I always believed that if you work hard enough, you will be rewarded. So if you're an artist that has good music, people will buy it just for the sake of supporting good music.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
@Dac, word up, I forgot about your thread!

@Fade, that's it, I will always do what I can to support good music!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here's the funny thing to me...It really seems like most (not all) of the big names are sticking to their guns...basically putting out a CD with 2 or maybe 3 killers on the album while the hungry vets and newbies are dropping albums with maybe 2 or 3 duds on them. It's some really good hip hop out there and I mean everything from swag to dirty to boom bapp.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
true, there's loads of good stuff out there. but there's also a bad habit to over-output / web-release mediocre productions.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
@mono: I try to post what I can in the underground section. I sometimes forget to post though... but if I find something good, I usually post it there!