Left output is super quiet on my mpc2500

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No, it’s just super low output. The right works fine.
What about pushing the volume knob down a bit, move it around? Because I had that issue and it was the Rec and Main knobs that needed to be replaced, it's not necessarily the main board, maybe it's just the right side board.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
well that's the question isn't it? The inputs work just fine and the volume knob doesn't seem to change the situation so it really feels like the output jack. @2GooD Productions I dont know that there is an amp transistor on the audio output of an MPC, certainly on the headphone out. I will probably get my soldering gun out and fix it then sell the damn thing. I hate having something like this slow me down. With Reason worst case is I just use a different computer.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
well that's the question isn't it? The inputs work just fine and the volume knob doesn't seem to change the situation so it really feels like the output jack. @2GooD Productions I dont know that there is an amp transistor on the audio output of an MPC, certainly on the headphone out. I will probably get my soldering gun out and fix it then sell the damn thing. I hate having something like this slow me down. With Reason worst case is I just use a different computer.
From my experience it could also be just a loose ribbon cable. Just that alone gave me weird issues like certain buttons not functioning.

When I had the output issue I just ended up using the right output until I replaced the board, so it was like I was going super old school and doing a mono ouput! (y)

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I had my friend who is a soldering wizard remove the old jack and replace it with a new one I ordered on eBay for $10. I bought him a case of beer for his trouble and I did all the work of tearing in to it. So it cost me like $30 and some time to fix. Still annoying though.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I had my friend who is a soldering wizard remove the old jack and replace it with a new one I ordered on eBay for $10. I bought him a case of beer for his trouble and I did all the work of tearing in to it. So it cost me like $30 and some time to fix. Still annoying though.
That's cool you got it fixed!