KRS One 'Hip-Hop vs. Rap' (DJ Excellence remix)

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 8
Dope. Super dope. Drums, sample, BASSLINE are all dope. Like I say with all your beats. I just want the instrumental. As much as I love KRS, it feels like it's off beat and it's off putting. I think the beat would be dope on it's own. KRS got a few bits where he changes it up here too and with the momentum of the beat it doesn't match up.

Battle Points: 25
I think the beat itself is really good. It's got a lot of energy. But like @hosie said the vocals of KRS doesn't match.

The beat sounds flawless with smooth transitions from what I could hear. The instruments work well together and I like the bassline a lot, it fits perfectly with the rest. My only suggestion would be to fade out the instruments a little more at the end, so it doesn't sound like it's cutting off. Overall nice work!

Last edited:
Battle Points: 25
Thanks both @Fyyn3stSymphoni @hosie . I listened to the original again and there are transitions with completely different drum patterns, I should have tried to mimic that.
For this (if u still plan on using it with the vocals) I think if u sped up the beat it might match more with the vocals maybe. But the tempo seems to be slower than KRS flow. So that might help too. But the beat is dope tho. And your remixes overall r nicely made. Ur definitely skilled. Hope u repost this cus I can hear the idea and I think it'll turn out good, just needs a little work :)

Last edited:

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 239
For this (if u still plan on using it with the vocals) I think if u sped up the beat it might match more with the vocals maybe. But the tempo seems to be slower than KRS flow. So that might help too. But the beat is dope tho. And your remixes overall r nicely made. Ur definitely skilled. Hope u repost this cus I can hear the idea and I think it'll turn out good, just needs a little work :)
Thank you. I may revisit and rework this later in the summer.