Kanye getting fleeced to clear samples

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
"He’ll be like, 'Okay, well, great. They want 97 percent of the record. Give it to them! I want the record.' People come up with the most outlandish rates and numbers. It has to be a known thing throughout the industry. It has to be! He’s such a f*cking artist. He just wants what he wants, and that’s it. The end-all, be-all is to get the song."

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Of course that's going to happen. Is it fair? Of course not. But if he's willing to pay stupid rates then that's probably why he gets charged ridiculous amounts. Who cares. Fuck Kanye anyway.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Of course that's going to happen. Is it fair? Of course not. But if he's willing to pay stupid rates then that's probably why he gets charged ridiculous amounts. Who cares. Fuck Kanye anyway.
I kinda posted more for the quote about sample clearance fees and how that kind of shit works, and also about the end line. Stuff for folk to think about.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Honestly @Fade i don’t actually get your beef with Kanye, college dropout, late registration, graduation, dark twisted fantasy and yezus moved hip hop forward on such a profound level it’s not even funny. He connected the dots on so many levels for so many people. He worked his ass off and never ever compromised his vision for anyone. He never sold out to labels. Shit he had like 20 labels pass on him initially because he wanted “Jesus walks” on his first record. He literally got laughed out of the room because of it, yet he never compromised his artist vision. Not a single time. You can say his music isn’t your jam, or that you don’t like him. Thats totally reasonable. But the dude was a uncompromising artist that pushed hip hop forward at a deep level. That’s undeniable.

decisions don't be a dick GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Please, no more Kanye debates. It's so lame.
Oof Fade said this so I'll chill on it.

But if you're able to summarise, or fuck it, DM me how you feel Kanye moved Hip-Hop forward?

I remember liking a few college dropout singles, but never considered them anything pioneering or such at the time. I know he's done a few experimental things recently or whatever.

But yeh hit me on the DMs so Fade can live happy life.

Someone might mention LeBron and set him off.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys @thedreampolice Oh, sorry, I meant no more Kanye debates FOR ME.

If you guys want to, go for it. I find it fascinating! Just let me squeeze in here and get comfy.

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

thriller GIF
Oh well in that case let's light this bitch up!

Yo @thedreampolice how the fuck kanye move hiphop forward? You got shares in him as well or something?!

:woot: