Just launched a new platform to help beatmakers connect with artists!

Hey everyone - I posted here last year about an online platform called 808Link that I was developing to help artists and producers connect (thanks @OGBama for inviting me from Reddit!). Stoked to announce that we just launched 808Link this past weekend (www.808link.com)!

808Link uses a model similar to SubmitHub to help producers pitch beats to artists looking for beats of that particular style. Producers use virtual credits to pitch beats to specific artists, who are then required to listen to at least a portion of the beat and provide feedback. By paying a micro-fee (~$1) for the artist to listen to the beat, the producer gets the peace of mind that the artist actually listened, and the artist gets paid to listen to beats (which they are already doing). Additionally, the artist knows that the beat they're hearing was probably not spammed to every artist on IG; rather, the producer had that specific artist in mind. Then, if the artist wants to buy/lease the beat, the two parties are connected to complete the transaction.

As we’re currently in our “beta”, I’d love to hear any feedback from this community! Our main focus this week is to get more artists on the site so that producers will find more value. Also feel free to ask any questions - we’ll keep updating our FAQ located on the front page of the site.

members online