Jack McDuff - "Summer Dream"

• beat this! voting starts in...

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
@2GooD Productions this one is real nice. I like everything going on in it. Funny shit is I had something completely different written out here, equally positive, but fundamentally different. I thought I stopped the original sample before I played yours. I didn't. Somehow it worked though. I don't know if I fluked out and caught the exact timing I needed or what, but it was nice.

Having said that I really like the drums. Perfect choice on kick snare and hats. Particularly the snare. Super crunchy. One thing I would like to hear from it is a change up once in a while though on the kick/snare that you have consistently through the beat. I don't think its a big deal though. Like most things on changeup stuff in hip hop, it feels different when you put vocals over em. Way less noticeable.

I may try to work on this one a bit. Not sure. I'm still working on something else. I'll definitely suggest it to one of my buddies that doesn't know he's vicariously working on beats from this subsection to get him back into producing. He hasn't done shit in years and he's slowly getting back into the groove.

members online