It's on like Donkey Kong

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
HIP-HOP!

Video gaming giant Nintendo has filed a trademark application for the phrase "It's on like Donkey Kong." The verbiage has been used in Hip-Hop circles for at least 20 years and has since become a popular saying in mainstream culture. According to reports, Nintendo wants ownership over the phrase to promote the new release of Donkey Kong Country Returns, which hits the Wii on November 21st. According to the application, the phrase confirms Donkey Kong's status a pop culture icon.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I've never heard that expression before, I must live under a rock I guess.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
hahahah they're like 10yrs too late. Glad to see an update to the 64 vers of DK

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
They *would* get a trademark on it after all this time JUST for a damn spot. lol wow

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Stupid, like what are we going to pay them everytime we say it????
How bout we just dont ever mention it or play their stupid game?

Im gonna patent the phrase "See ya later". Cuz its the title of my new album.
It isnt the title but lets say I go run make a crap album and then coin that shit..
just dumb.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
And am I the only one that thinks that the phrase doesn't even make sense? It barely even rhymes....

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
they are the last to figure that the wii novelty is over. i have a softmodded wii. there have been too many disappointments that i always try before i buy with it. its actually my wifes wii but she never uses it either

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
they are the last to figure that the wii novelty is over. i have a softmodded wii. there have been too many disappointments that i always try before i buy with it. its actually my wifes wii but she never uses it either

Yea, everything after the 64 has been soft in that department. They keep focusing on innovating the tech (Mega small discs, motion gaming) instead of titles and quality. Nintendo f*ckin up! This coming from a nintendo fan. I hope Nintendo sees this and corrects this...

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
y'all are looking at the wii as "grown ass men." nintendo's focus is, and always has been on small children and families. they win because they have better family oriented games. i mean really, how many people want their elementary aged kids playing Call of Duty or Gears of War or something like that. don't get me wrong, kids that age do play those games, but a lot more "conservative" parents buy their kids nintendos. i have a coworker who has a 13 year old daughter who has never owned a video game in her life. she's thinking about getting her one for xmas because "she's at an age now where she can have one," and what is she getting, a wii. so nintendo still has their "core" audience.

and let's not forget, "it's STILL on like Donkey Kong." lol!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
WOW! I just had this mental picture of dp running through his living room, diving over his couch and poking his head up playing Kinetic Call of Duty while his family stares at him like WTF? LMAO!