It's official.........

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm freaking DONE WITH WINDOWS:mad:......... Yea I've had my Mac for about 2 months but I tried to give my windows PC the benefit of the doubt and whelp....it crashed again.....No more production on with FL until its available on MAC......thats all......

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn that sucks. Do you know what the cause of the crash was?
Not sure, I've had it since 09' and after late 2010 it just started locking up and giving me the blue screen for nothing. this is the 3rd time it did it so i'm done. I lost everything before luckily I backed up all of my beats to 2 externals and a desktop that I use as a server. But I'm officially done with windows. no more not even a tablet...oh thats right that HP tablet failed before it started:rolleyes:

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Bootcamp, homie...You can still run FL....

Once you go mac.......you fall and break your back........is that how it goes?

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Dont fear Windows just because you received the blue screen. 9 times out of 10 blue screen is due to a type of operator error...

Mac = Graphic Designers/Computer Illiterate
PC = Every major business/everyone else

I mean, I guess you could just be like fuck it and get a Mac. I wouldnt waste the money though. You can build yourself a way sicker cpu cheaper than Mac prices.

Take it easy on the pr0n, lol.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
-extremely computer literate

Chose the more stable system......

I don't think Mac is a waste of money. I've gotten my money's worth and then some with this, more so than any PC I've ever owned (and I've owned many). Too many exploits in the OS which make it susceptible to virus/worms/trojans.....

I want a computer that loads up...I pull up my shit....do my shit...close it....end of story....btw, OS updates are like $20 for Mac...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Dont fear Windows just because you received the blue screen. 9 times out of 10 blue screen is due to a type of operator error...

I mean, I guess you could just be like fuck it and get a Mac. I wouldnt waste the money though. You can build yourself a way sicker cpu cheaper than Mac prices.

Yea, this post is pretty ignorant. Go in to ANY major recording studio and see what machine they are running, its a mac every time.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yea, this post is pretty ignorant. Go in to ANY major recording studio and see what machine they are running, its a mac every time.

I agree.... That was an opinion based on nothing. lol.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Honestly, i think ill go hackintosh this time, much cheaper and way better performance .
Apple hasnt been that "pro".

Ironicaly, most illiterate have windows :)

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Really??........ Who said anything about fearing windows? yea you can build yourself a way sicker PC however you have to run windows. If Linux was compatible with most of what I use I would've done that Oh mybad I bought a mac (designer linux) everything loads I dont deal with pc overload issues or crackling, i dont have to upgrade my system every wednesday nor do I have to deal with false flag Trojans. If windows would just get it right for once. That whole mac=graphic designers/computer Illiterate comment was some ignorant shit bro, where the fuck do you think microsoft developed windows? ON A MAC! but thats a whole different conversation. If they were not so expensive businesses/and everyone else would problaby have one.To each's own, I wanted a mac and I'm done with windows. Macs are not a waste of money they really are a worth the money, yea it's a bit pricey but so is a MPC and people invest in those........anyway I'll wipe my pc and load ubuntu and call it a day........ Digital vs analog, reasons vs FL studio MPC vs Maschine, same ole BS it dont matter; whatever works for you works for you thats all...........

Sorry to hear about your loss Krazy, that sucks!

Mac -vs- PC = Ford -vs- Chevy!
Aye Dac I still have some plugs backed up if you need em bro just lemme kno.

Bootcamp, homie...You can still run FL....

Once you go mac.......you fall and break your back........is that how it goes?
I saw some tuts on how to do it, but do I still have to purchase crossover?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I have thought pretty hard about the hackintosh route, but every time there is a major OSX update there can be issues. Man it makes me worried.

In that case you wouldnt be talking about a machine that is only being used as a daw. Then i agree, you'd be better off with a macbook. I recall the ol g4... no updates and it ran for years for the sole purpose of running logic and outboard, the native plugs would run sweet. Its been replaced with an octocore 2010 running snowleopard and there really isnt any need to upgrade to IOS for the benefit of the daw functionality or better hardware support.

From that perspective you can build a hackintosh daw for less than a mac mini and granted it will serve well for at least another 5 years.

I saw some tuts on how to do it, but do I still have to purchase crossover?

crossover ? Bootcamp assistant is already on osx to prepare a partition for a windows install, you can get win 7 ultimate 64bit torrent something and burn it to disk :)

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
crossover ? Bootcamp assistant is already on osx to prepare a partition for a windows install, you can get win 7 ultimate 64bit torrent something and burn it to disk :)
Yea I had windows running on here but I recently uninstalled it. I was running it in a virtual environment.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Yea I had windows running on here but I recently uninstalled it. I was running it in a virtual environment.

Ah no need for that, you can boot up windows instead for better performance and hardware support.
The osx disc contains the windows drivers for the hardware in your mac.
If you want to try it out you might run into the problem that the machine wont boot during the windows install then just hold C when starting the mac so you can choose disc or partitions to start up.