Is the art of slang dead??

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Is the art of slang dead?? Hasnt been any new words in a MINUTE!! (At least any good words) Any thoughts, contradictions? Any new words?

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Maybe on the east coast...shone is the best new one down here...its versitile like "fuck" when talking about hoes

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's a good point actually. From what I've seen/heard, especially in music, it seems like the slang is mostly non-existent. Probably having to do with the music going mainstream for the past decade. It's the same thing when it comes to booze: they used to drink 40's, now it's regular beer bottles or expensive wine/champagne!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 220
I think its because most of the rappers now dont really connect with the streets...I mean you got words like "fail"...its slang...but it means just that in the Websters Dictionary. You got words like "going ham"...which means "going crazy" or going off". I mean the first time I ever heard the slang "ham" it was on Scooby Doo as a kid. I think its slang still out here...its just weak and not really connected to the streets.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah... in the south, though...they've just mutilated the english language...they're just taking letters out of words and pronouncing them that way....

Example... slang term for someone you know "cousin" then it went to "cuz" ...Now I hear "cuh" lmao. Plies TRIED bruh bruh...but that's just fucking retarded, similar to his rhymes....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ive heard and used those terms ever since I could remember...thats not really slang...those are "shorts". Hell you got Northern cats thats done put they spin on it by saying "cuzo"

Yeah..but "cuh" is just HORRIBLE...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Thats southern dielect. Thats how people talk. But Skid is right, people got lazy and just started using internet slang. The part about the streets is, people got tired of the streets so they jumped ship. Everything anyone did they mentioned "the streets" and the allure of the streets wore off. It got boring. People are living vicariously through the internet on their phones now.

Maybe slang got boring and people needed to use regular words because they feel like slang compared to what we've BEEN using hahaha

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Also HAM came from the west I believe. They're doing something where they use acronym instead of a sentence. HAM= Hard As a Muthafucka