Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Motorola Zoom still tops it.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Saw the email from Apple today...maybe wifey will get i t.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@Dac, so you are hating on EVERY technology company.

@Tr3ydeeze LMAO ok yea.

Dont get me wrong. I love Apple all of my computers are Macs. When it comes to Phones Android is my way to go lol. The Ipads are dope tho the new one seems cool. I prob will never buy any kind of pad anyway.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
...the fact that you don't have to jailbreak the shit to get cool apps.

I just clicked an option on the phone that allows to download from oustide sources...

I got the majority of my apps for free..... not having to risk bricking my phone..

Of course you can "root" (which is like jailbreaking) and could get options like free mobile hotspot (using your phone as a wireless modem)

Plus I don't have to use iTunes to update my phone...I update over the air......When I worked for at&t...people were fucking up their iPhones because when their computer was connected to their iPhone....it was fucking up...... Especially Windows users for some reason (lol)... If you have Windows...get something from HTC..their Sync program is dope as fuck....

Plus iPhones aren't even THAT dope compared to my Evo...with the exception of.....wait...my Evo is better....period...in every aspect...only thing is.... iPhones have a million more accessories

the iPhone is a fashion trinket.....

The fact that the new iPad isn't a 4G capable device..(actually none of them are) kinda let's you know how NOT advanced these things are.....my phone is 4G and when I have it on...the download speed is ridiculous.

And also....why would you pay for limited internet services?

If I get my wifey the iPad...I'm buying the Sprint overdrive.....because we get unlimited usage with it...I'll just have her use that...LOL

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iphone isnt a fashion trinket lol...i can contol any daw with my phone...or ipad. I think the stereotypical douche bags who are associated with apple products are what people dont like, not the products themselves.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@Tr3ydeeze what do you like better about android over iphone? I am thinking of getting a new phone and have been considering both.

In addition to what Sucio said. I like the fact Android has "true" multitasking. Iphone has multitasking but, the programs are just open not actively running and updating/xfering data. Android does <-no pun intended. Also Android supports Flash multimedia. I can look at youtube, or any flash based contend on my phone just as I would experience it on an actual computer. Oh yea The Android platform is built over a linux kernel. If I dont like the Version of android that comes on the phone, I can flash(install) another version of it that fits my needs. This also gives new features thas not available in the OS that comes from the carrier or phone manufacturer. This may not seem like a big deal until you actually see for yourself. Oh yeah you can over-clock the processor in most android phones. For example My Motorola Droid 2 comes clocked at 1.0gHz stock but I over-clocked it to 1.45gHz running a ultra low voltage kernel. Meaning faster speed and better battery life. The possibilities are endless. As an IT professional by trade I can really appreciate this. The new Android phones that are coming out over the next few months (Motorola Atrix-AT&T, Droid Bionic-Verizon,and HTC Thunderbolt-Verizon) All sport Dual Core 1.gHz Processors and Nvida Tegra 2 Video cards *Not the HTC Thunderbolt. Lastly Google Navigation and Google Maps is prob the most advanced GPS to date. Even better than my Tom Tom. Its has turn by turn voice directions 3d/panoramic map views and a whole lot of other dope ish.

I like the Iphone but its not on par with most Android devices. The proof is in the stats and operation. This is not a diss against the Iphone this is just facts. While in the military I served as my units Wireless communications manager so I've gotten to play with Iphone, Blackberry, And Android extensively and And droid is way ahead if em all.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Attachments

• ipad2-v-xoom.jpg
    ipad2-v-xoom.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 135

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
i can contol any daw with my phone...or ipad.

#1... I don't see why I would even consider using either for that purpose.

#2... 99% of the people don't have it because of it's functionality (an exaggerated percentage, I know).

#3... What else could an iPhone do that a Droid can't?

Parents buy these things for their kids.....not because it controls DAW or can use to make presentations.....

You don't see a teenager begging mom and dad for a Blackberry.

I'll take my Android Froyo over iOS4.3 I know people who actually USE the iPad for presentations....and actually need it for work....even though they can get a laptop... reasoning is "I pull that out and people tend to be more in tune with what you're doing because of what you're using"

And that isn't verbatim...but this was taken from a discussion from a pretty good video guy out here in Orlando......and he's Mac all day.

Wifey is one of those people....but if she really wants it, we'll have to somehow dish out the money to get it.

I love the thing...I think it's a dope product, but it is an oversized iPod touch...and you don't even get unlimited internet with it...that's stupid as fuck.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks and to your other post

"Deciding on a tablet by comparing specs? You've missed the point"

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/03/deciding-on-a-tablet-by-comparing-specs-youve-missed-the-point/

No porb bob.

No no Im not even considering getting any tablet at all. I just posted that just because. But I've tried IOS4 and Android 3.0 (Tablet OSs) I really like both lol. So If I was to decide on a tab it will be solely based on which OS I feel more confortable with becuse spec wise all of those pads have very simular specs.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I probably will get an ipad at some point.

@Tr3ydeeze looks like I may need exchange services is one better than the other for that? Android vs iPhone?

Both platforms will support MSE (Microsoft Exchange Server). To tell you the truth outside of a pure Microsoft environment It works pretty much the same on other platforms (Apple, Android, Palm.) Android Mail client supports MSE as long as your organization supports it. Check with your Administrator at your workplace and make sure your MSE is configured to push/pull to Android or Apple devices. I've seen cases where people can send and receive emails through MSE but contacts, calendar, and task functions wont sync on IOSx and Android 2.x alike due to security polies set by the System administrator. This is an easy fix but some Organizations have IT security Nazis that will only allow full functionality on Rim devices like blackberries because of the great encryption RIM OS has.
I would Ask before I make the purchase If I was you. Hope that answers your question.