Interactive Album

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The first CD to use augmented reality

Why didn't *I* think of this?

Given, I'm digital and not Discs. STILL

http://vimeo.com/17056388

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Huh? No disrespect at all...I'm impressed with the thought of the technology involved but I can't figure out why I would want to do this.

I know you can come up with something doper than this lion, or am I missing something?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dac, to help push CD sales. I was blown away untill It gave me a doper idea lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
DOX I know we live in a sad world but to buy a cd to put in front of your web cam and do what he did is just redundant! I mean, if you could really throw down with it then ok (maybe) but to just be able to speed up, slow down, and reverse a cd? Heyell No! I bet the cd cost more too...lol. Or am I still missing something?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Think about the popularity of rockband or How more fans/consumers have become prosumers! Thats where this fits in. Someone like you who lays on the pro side of things see no use, but someone just trying to enjoy music more...? yup

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its not gonna be THAT sophisicated, at least not yet. tbh, I'm surprized it can do what it can, considering its all flash. But really its a novel thing for regular audience, not really towards Producers, DJ's, etc.

I probably could come up with something more interactive and instresting, but this is still cool to have an interactive CD, it gives added value to buying the CD -- even tho, you don't have to buy it to do this if you can get a symbol thats close enough to whats on the disc by an 16x16 resolution

Still, it makes you think about the music-based applications of augmented reality. Even more than that actually.