In Every Step (84Bpm) Boom Bap Beat

Fun fact: at first glance I read the title of this thread as "848 BPM Boom Bap" :LOL: and that got me curious not gonna lie. :D But jokes aside, overall as it was already mentioned, pretty clean mix. I like that subtle sub bass (personally, I always struggle with sounds in this range so props for very clean, audible and round sub-bass). I like the sound of that cello/violin you used for the melody. The only thing that I would adjust is the arrangement - the beat gets a little bit monotonous after a while and even when I pictured an artist performing on it, I think it would still be quite boring in the long run. :confused: So maybe try to vary things here and there. Also I would say that the kick could be slightly more exposed in the mix. But other than that it's a good beat in my opinion. :)

Tomblr

Beatmaker
Fun fact: at first glance I read the title of this thread as "848 BPM Boom Bap" :LOL: and that got me curious not gonna lie. :D But jokes aside, overall as it was already mentioned, pretty clean mix. I like that subtle sub bass (personally, I always struggle with sounds in this range so props for very clean, audible and round sub-bass). I like the sound of that cello/violin you used for the melody. The only thing that I would adjust is the arrangement - the beat gets a little bit monotonous after a while and even when I pictured an artist performing on it, I think it would still be quite boring in the long run. :confused: So maybe try to vary things here and there. Also I would say that the kick could be slightly more exposed in the mix. But other than that it's a good beat in my opinion. :)

Thanks for checking it out and giving feedback towards this
I think i know what you mean by switching it all up...

✌️

Phenri

Master Beater
Smooth beat, dude! Although if I had to pick out something to criticize, I would personally like to see a bit more changeups. There were a few points where I was waiting for something else to happen and didn't get anything, but all in all, real nice piece.

I think you could use some drum fills and throw stuff at the end of each 8 bars to break some of the monotony. Maybe another layer or two, and maybe layer a higher frequency bass over the sub. You dont necessarily have to "switch it all up" just enough drum variation other than just beat drop outs will make things more interesting.

Tomblr

Beatmaker
I think you could use some drum fills and throw stuff at the end of each 8 bars to break some of the monotony. Maybe another layer or two, and maybe layer a higher frequency bass over the sub. You dont necessarily have to "switch it all up" just enough drum variation other than just beat drop outs will make things more interesting.

Yo man
Thanks for the feedback

I just tried it this morning on a new beat i posted here
Tried different variations in 1 beat with the sample i had
Feel free if you want to check it out

✌️

members online