Im new

D

DJ Equity

I am learning stages of production at the moment and have also been mixing for about 3 years. I have got my self a sampler and some software on my computer and sort of know what i am doing so if any one out there can give me some advice I d be grateful.

I am into a lot of hardcore Hip Hop. my favourite artists are DMX Snoop,Tupac,Biggie and Ice Cube. :moon:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Practice, Patience, Persistence.

Plus there's tons of resources on this site for you to check out.

I also think the first thing you want to figure out is whether or not you want to make beats as a hobby or as a career. That way you don't go and blow all your money on equipment, only to decide a few months later that you don't want to do this anymore.

But besides that, just remember that making music is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. Once you get real good at it, then you can start to get into other things.

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Once again, I agree with Fade, I started out by learning tracking/sequencing/sampling on the computer with Impulse Tracker (DOS) and ModPlug Tracker (For Win). Then I moved up to the MC-505. which allowed me to have good sounds and the ability to sequence them and make several sequences into a song. This is especially helpful when you go to an MPC2000XL and a more elaborate studio setup, because you'll be sampling using the PC-based tracker programs I mentioned and you'll get used to hardware sequencing, MIDI, and sound modules by using the groovebox.

For the ModPlug Tracker download go to: www.modplug.com and choose "Download Software" from the Navigation area.

And for Impulse Tracker go to: http://www.noisemusic.org/it/ and choose "Download Software" from the Navigation area.

To "load 'em up" with samples, download any WAV file, rip some WAVs off sample CDs, Audio CDs and you'll be set! It's a great learning tool.

And for more information for beginners - check out my weekly column disgussing many elements of the business, art, and technology involved with production. This week's article discusses a bit about your issue.

One

B

Briellz

Practice Practice Practice Buddy!

I try to make a beat a day....I seem to learn something new everyday like that.

Hawla if you have any questions!