I'm a cheap bastard, I know

S

Sus1

I have Reason 2.0, but no Soundbank CD. Does anyone know of way that can actually get round this?

Is Reason 2.0 even any good for hip-hop?

D

D Rocka

yeah, reasons pretty good. i sampled the sounds out of it and now i got em on my mpc. u can trigger sounds from mpc pads 2. its alright, but most of the sounds r techno.

G

GiftOfGab

What?? Reason 2.0 is mostly techno beats???? What is the best program to buy for HIP HOP BEATS!!!!!!!??????

Peace
GOG

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
There's no such thing as a best program for making beats.. try out different software demo's, find out what you're comfortable with and get the full version. There's tons of sequencing programs out there. So do some investigating and you'll find something you'll like.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Reason is a virtual studio with synths, drum machines, effects and samplers, the SAME stuff that hip hop producers use.

Certainly the presets and the marketing for it is geared towards techno music, but they are the EXACT SAME INSTRUMENTS that hip hoppers use. It is also the same stuff that bands like Depeche Mode, Enya, Vangelis, and Yanni use.

If it sounds too much like techno, it's because the user is expecting it to write a beat for him...that is the GAYEST thing, using the presets on a program like Reason, only poseur amateurs would do something like that.

If you gave a program like Reason to Dr. Dre or Just Blaze, they would be writing hit singles with it and everyone here at Illmuzik.com would be screaming about how 'dope' it is.

Pug is 100% correct, there is a ton of stuff out there.

Take care,

Nick

G

GiftOfGab

Haha, very true.......This guy I know who has it makes some Premier-type beats with Reason.......So I have proof it makes nice beats......Plus, if you just use the presets, you ain't getting your money's worth and you aren't trying to make something that you can be proud of, knaw mean??!!

Thanks

Peace
GOG