I really miss these

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Way better than the CD, I don't care what anyone says.

Sony_Cassette_Tape_by_Cliffski.jpg

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Tapes have a certain sound to them that's for sure, but I'm not sure I'd want to go back to them. As an archivist, tape is really especially vulnerable. Still, lots of good memories (and bad ones!) of tapes.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man, I used a lot of TDK's too. And those 2 hour Sony's were dope as well. But actually, it was the Denon tapes I liked the most, those just seemed smoother. I bought a whole box once and felt like a bad ass LOL.

denon_hd_8_60[1].jpg

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
TDK and Sony were dope, towards the end I used mostly these:

maxell1.jpeg

Cheap and most available at stores.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
It's interesting, because a lot of artists now release tapes in addition to digital/vinyl releases. Although limited in number, it's kind of cool that they do it. Nostalgia is powerful!

these were my studio faves! i always looked for these for some reason.. although i had the Sony's as well.. lol

View attachment 3564
SA's were my shit.
I stuck with 90's, because the 120's didnt take the heat in the car stereo so well.
I might be tripping but im sure there were 100's.

I remember the BASF tapes looked like they were from the future.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I remember the BASF tapes looked like they were from the future.

i also used to rock the cassettes that had the reel to reel look inside.. i thought i was the coolest on the block when i had those.. lol.. i bet none of u had those.. hahaha
Fake_reel2reel.JPG

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just to update this old thread, here's some other cassettes to bring back some memories:

euje1yf3woxmkklq99q4.jpg

MEMOREX!!

h5ucye20vbpusj7mf2ok.jpg

These weren't too bad:

m3pt3gelz61pkvbplo1h.jpg

I loved Denon, don't know why:

denon_hd8_90_111214.jpg

members online