I might need some serious help.

C

Cyanide

OK, I have fruityloops 3 and i am pretty decent at putting together drum loops and stuff like that, matter a fact my drum loops are off the chain. I have a problem with making basslines and melodies that sound good, I was wondering since i can play the Keyboards a little bit (I have a Casio) should use MIDI and what cables do I need and where can i get them from ? I also have Cool Edit 2 and I am learning the ins and outs of that real quick, but when I playback in multitrack view i hear a bell every so often, will that sound be there after i export it and burn it to a cd. I know this is alot of stuff to help with but if you can help with what you caan that would be tight.

M

Millenium

Peep this son son

I use everything you just mentioned, and I've never heard a bell in the background of any of my tracks! Is this sound on vocals only or on a beat? I would make sure your environment is silent!
The sound is most likely external from your pc or com! It should not be on the finished work but I would definately check that out!

I also use F.L.3.56 and I make hot beat, but I've just recently started to implement more melodies! I usually use my soundcards midi keyboard for that! One way I play melodies and ill baselines is too listen to other artists! No in a biting manner but in a respective sense! I listen to baselines and melodies played by dre and most are somewhat simplistic, but it's how their played that makes them so hard! Most people also sample melodies so as to be somewhat original! If you can play then you are a step up on a lot of cats out here! I would say get your keyboard hooked up and play over your beats into another track in cool edit and see for yourself and then let someone check it out! If they give you the "It's All Good" then you know it's ill! Post something once you do and I'm sure people around here will give you their honest opinion! Stay Up

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I think you have a bell in your sounds because you're using the demo version of Cool Edit 2000.

Take care,

Nick

M

Millenium

I had the demo

it never did that V! Just didn't allow for saving, importing, or exporting! I dont think it's that cuzzo! Hope he works that out cause it would drive me out of my mind! Sounds like his hardware to me! Who knows! Hope he works it out!

C

Cyanide

Thanks i thought i was losing my mind, me and my group were recording and they couldn't even get into it cause the bells were takin them out of there flow, I just have to find a serial number to register the software or i'll just buy the new one.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

If you're serious, buy the new one, it is truly an awesome piece of software.

Take care,

Nick