I just cant get my beats to sound good

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Hey! My name is TriK im 15 years old and im producing for about 1,5 year... and i have a problem right here... im working hard on my beats...im really trying but i just cant get my beats better... can someone help me a little bit??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hey! My name is TriK im 15 years old and im producing for about 1,5 year... and i have a problem right here... im working hard on my beats...im really trying but i just cant get my beats better... can someone help me a little bit??
What do you mean exactly? Is it that the beats themselves are not good or the mix? How do you normally make a beat?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well it could be that you just need practice. A lot of people when they start out, they focus on trying to sound like the pros but instead should focus on basic patterns, maybe that's it.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
To get good at this craft it takes a lot of study,practice and work. Even Kanye talked about making "five beats a day for three summers"

Practice, practice, practice
Tru shit! I try to make at least a beat a day and work on my mixing constantly and I am still nowhere near where I'd like to be. Thats the thing about making beats, you will never be prefect but you can damn sure try lol. There will always be new stuff to learn tho. Its an always changing industry...gotta just keep reading up on everything and practice what you learn.

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
Keep on practicing. When I started making beat 7 years ago. I would never mix my beats. Over the years you will learn how to mix. The #1 thing about making beats is to try new things. You will see/hear a difference in your material.

Battle Points: 5
Dont fool yourself with mixing hours for hours over days the same beat to get the maximum. take breaks, or work on other beats, get some distance, often after a few days, when you hear your beat again you get the 'idea'. AND go outside and get inspiration=)
and check your instruments, sometimes things cant be properly mixed even with the best skills.

members online