How strange is this?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ok i downloaded a totally random track to sample, literally just searched a name and downloaded the track. anyway it had a nice brass section that had no drums. so i chop it up and make a beat. the beat turns out nice and im lovin it.

today i float over to allhiphop.com and see a new track called 'We In Here' from DMX produced by Swizz. i listen to it and it uses the very same sample, with all the same parts that i cut out! and its also arranged pretty much the same as my beat!

now im really pissed off coz swizz made lame use of it, and now if i put my version out people will be like shit you bitin' swizz beatz. i hope this track doesnt resurface.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
yeah it happened with me too

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Think of this, its a small resorvoir on the net of actually diverse sampling material (especially if you going for some soul ish or oldies) if you limit yourself to looking for classics on mp3, especially file sharing networks...cats are overlapped on that shit bigtime all the best sampling out of that pool rises to the top and it makes certain joints commonly found (unless you join up to a good DJ Pool Site or forum)...my point is this, it pays to dig, find a record store with thousands and thousands of records and albums with unknow singles etc, there is a chance someone will find that same dope sample but if you go on one of those missions its good to be versed in what has been sampled heavily so if you dont want something like that like you mentioned, a lot of the dope joints have been exploited and plundered, not to say you wont outdo the original but most people gonna view that sample as a bite even though you flipped it differently......its unfortunate because it happens all the time....

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I sampled 'Eddie Kendricks - Intimate friends' early on. Didn't know Kanye had sampled, arranged it, and programmed the drums almost the exact the way as me. Even the vocal samples were in the same place.

So I sent it to my friend, and he was only like "hah, why are you trying to send me a kanye instrumental claiming that it's yours?" Even to this day he can't listen to my beats without assuming I bit it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Dont you get it, they're massively hacking into your systems, they know fire before you realise it...and then it getz nicked.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Formant024 said:
Dont you get it, they're massively hacking into your systems, they know fire before you realise it...and then it getz nicked.
See formant ,smokin that stuff DOES make you paranoid!!!!
But just cuz your paranoid doesnt mean they arent out to get you!!!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
expanding on what Big D said... could this mean Swizz is downloading tracks off tha net too?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Rhythmikal said:
expanding on what Big D said... could this mean Swizz is downloading tracks off tha net too?
Could be??? LOL I know that I seen more than a few cats that make joints, sell them get credits and I ask where are your records....they look at me like......I dont own any....tell me...also think that Swizz bounces around enuff literally to be hearing cats joints and dont believe that thread that some folks think that known producers dont listen to the internet....I think thats completely untrue.....just like you and me are sitting here with an internet connection browsing between bars and concepts......in most of the studios that I have seen or been in they have nice fast internet connections and they browse the net, email etc just like you and me producers making lucci have that convenience and they surf and listen trust me....there is no difference except they are getting projects, placements and probably love the nice ideas they can get or develop from the millions of tracks floating on the net.....

ill o.g.
Vince said:
I sampled 'Eddie Kendricks - Intimate friends' early on. Didn't know Kanye had sampled, arranged it, and programmed the drums almost the exact the way as me. Even the vocal samples were in the same place.

So I sent it to my friend, and he was only like "hah, why are you trying to send me a kanye instrumental claiming that it's yours?" Even to this day he can't listen to my beats without assuming I bit it.

I sampled that same song too, the one with the horns right, that Jin eventually ended up rapping on?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Organ type ish...which 213 used for 'Another Summer'. It has been sampled before Kanye, but I did it the same way. That was what bugged me.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lolol..i feel ya..the very, exact same thing happened to me with the curtis mayfield sample from Kanye's "touch the sky"...lolol..its some errie ish!!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
happened to me when nick cannon did that track for lil romeo. i did the beat wayyyy better but the vocal sample was the same. and it was around the same time, but nobody accused me, but i still discarded the track to the 'throwaway" pile

ill o.g.
Vince said:
Organ type ish...which 213 used for 'Another Summer'. It has been sampled before Kanye, but I did it the same way. That was what bugged me.

nevermind it was a diff. Eddie Kendricks track that I sampled, Jin ended up on the Kanye beat I'm talking about it wasnt a real popular song

peter_neo

ill o.g.
Had that happen to me before.

Lonely People- Talib Kweli (Prod. Kanye West.)

Kanye straight looped that tho.

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Every body no matter what big dogg status is on thw web listening.... becaus the web cats are the ones with the hunger..... we trying to eat

members online