how often do your beats get sold

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Hey, I know a lot of you are into that whole selling beats thing, all good.
But i was wondering how often do you manage to sell a beat, are there mcs willing to pay the price for it.

Do you sell a beat once a month? once a year? how often I was wondering.

Me, I am not into selling beats, if i think your wack you need a lot of money to convince me to get it, if i think your dope you get the beat for free. Dat be the deal.

now i am going to sleep and i hope there 'll be some reactions tomorrow cos i just my kill someone at random. :rolleyes:

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Yo ive sold tracks to alot of folks... tha highest ive been paid was 1600
from 40st records based in Macon ga... One of Pastor Troy' boyz wanted it they gave me $1600 down and Royalty payments but for some reason the Album project got held up and now it wont be realeased until July...

Most tha time i do it on tha GP unless its Just tha shit.. or a personal Track..

Sell one, off and on ,twice a month... I dont know why they do they just eat it up.... LOL

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
once... lol... for $15... lol... i gave up after the poor turnout... with the whole "buy my beats" sort of thing...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Most I got from an artist on the underground for 1 track is $500 and some perks....I sold a lot of tracks like 2 full CD's for like $1200..I sell at least 4 beats a month though usually averaging around $200, lot of Dirty south or South Beats and some underground beats from the SP1200 for mostly for either EP's or to use at an open MIC.....also remember these cats have camps with rappers that are featured or signed to their labels that selll the cd's for at least 5-8 bills each so they make a good profit from this comparitively...but I got soooo many fuggin beats....so it doesn't matter.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
About 3 or 4 a month. About $250 a piece.

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
wow nice nice, i'm trynna build connects so I can make a couple G stacks.
The process is madd slow for me and my production partner.
It's all gravy though, my pacents will payoff some time this year.
*sigh*

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Find an Indie label in your area, that's how I started, or try to find a Clique that has at least 3 or 4 MC's they can become your first customers....the thing about a small label is if you build a relationship with the CEO and give them quality product and hell even if you have beats that everyone doesn't agree on a good MC can work with almost any decent beat that has the right BPMs and possibly structure enuff for a verse or two and a hook.....you'll be selling those too, trust me...hahaha

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm working with a couple of artists but ussaully don't sell beats I take royalties if cats are bringin out an album. Most cats don't have the money I want for beats and if a mc's tight I'll work with him/her anyway. I need to start getting money up front most artists I work with are selling albums by hand and aren't truthful about the amount of albums they're selling, guess if I start dealing with labels I can get the money I want up front. It's strange but I make more money playing drums than producing maybe I should just give in and go on tour with one of these groups

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
for me, i dont want to sell any of my stuff, because some peeps in Montreal would like to pay me 50$ for a beat or 75$........ i know, it is ridiculous. This is why i dont sell anything. Maybe because we all know that Montreal is not the place to sell a beat because the rap game is not really well developped. In montreal, you have to be known to sell your beat at 400 and +

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I've been thinking about selling beats but haven't so far. I'm thinking about it more now because I enjoy more than I do my regular work. Basically I've been doing in house work for my people who happen to be extremely talented folks. I'm about to have some published material release, but namely I've been keeping my talent on the low in fear that someone might start bitting. The game so shady it's hard to trust anyone.

H

Holla

I make beats as a hobby, but i've been doin it for a minute. I sell beats too, the cheapest I've gotten was $500. I dont know, hopefully I'll move into the double grands but thats gonna take yeeeaarrrss. I hope not too long lol. I just hope I can compete with all of U.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
i have YET to sell a beat. ive made ZERO dollars so far. its all good though, i aint stressin it. it jus aint my time yet. sooner or later the right people will hear wat i have. nawmean?

nomics

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i give away beats to artists i feel.. ive sold a few but most people just bullshit about how they wanna buy beats but they never come through .. i work wit an entertainment company in albany which is 2 hours away from where i live but i basically give them beats for free.... when the sales come in.. ill get sum dough.. but it prolly wont be that much... just really giving away hot shit for free but saving the super hot shit for either my solo or a good offer .. i can make beats fairly quick so as long as i know the beat is going somewhere purposeful .. i might let em grab it for free ... right now im tryin to get my name on as much ish as possible.. and make a lil $50 here an there on a lease .. it will come ..IM jus being patient and keeping it moving

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I sell beats here and there, but i really dont want to...it's just a side hustle, but i would rather hook up with the right artists to record on my tracks...if you sell a beat and have some weak ass cat rap on it, or they dont give you the props for making it, than thats a problem..im just tryin to be patient and keep makin tracks...the best thing to do to get your name out is hook up with a ill lyricist and be in the studio with them while they rap on your tracks, so you can make sure the song is hot before it's put out, thats part of producin.
Tony in Queens

Peep my new beats in the artist section

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I don't sell beats either, like P_Gyal. For me to sell a beat, it would have to be to a top notch MC.

I don't want my beats to be associated with wack MC's, you know?