How often do you make beats?

1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    This is something I never really hear anyone mention but for me it's whenever I'm in the mood. It could be 2-5 times a week or none.

You?

2. crog85

crog85

Back to the Grind...
    Battle Points:
    Same here, whenever I get inspired... which is not that often. I'm lucky if I make 1 beat per week

3. Koey

Koey

Beatmaker
    Battle Points:
    I haven't had time to sit down and finish a beat (all the way through mixing) for a while now cuz of work, but I always try to at least get some ideas down every day. I need something to relieve my creative juices that are being capped while at work so I've got a bunch of "skeletons" within my projects folder laying around that I need to go to and add some meat to.

NONONSENSEBEATS likes this.
  4. TriKRaps

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
    Battle Points:
    whenever i find something cool to sample or i have inspiration. For example, these days im getting my first ep ready and im making like a beat per day. (just the basic idea not the full beat)

5. NONONSENSEBEATS

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
    Battle Points:
    I make it a point to make a beat or atleast fuck with a beat everyday. Its very much my passion so I dont feel right if I dont do something daily. It may only be half an hour but its a need at this point lol.

spectralight likes this.
  6. LbrT

LbrT

It really goes with my inspiration. I have to be in a certain mood to make great beats, so sometimes it will be 2-3 draft beats in a week and other times none

7. spectralight

spectralight

If I have the time to do something musically each day I will, just to keep fresh and learning - my only real hobby/material passion at the moment..

I feel kind of bad if I leave drafts though, usually try and finish each beat I make if I do start, just to practice making the whole process a fluid thing hopefully down the track, but yeah doesn't always happen..

8. TC-Beats&Raps

TC-Beats&Raps

For me it comes and goes in flashes. Some days I will make 5 plus but I have gone weeks just humming melodies but never actually making the beat.

9. muzikFreak

muzikFreak

Beatmaker
    i make beats almost daily, for example yesterday i finished a beat and came up with anothe loop idea for another one!