how do you uncompress a file???

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i aquired this song ...its in wav format...when i try to use peak ..it says ..."peak does not support compressed wav files".... what does that mean? is their a way i can convert this file into a usuable form or uncompress it or whatever? im confused..please holla back if you have solution:confused: :confused:

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
press undo, if impossible then your screwed or you get creative. There's no such thing as completly decompressing a file to it dry original.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
naw bruce was along the right lines but the opposite of what i wanted to do..... the problem is i dowloaded it off some place.... and i cant get it in my editor to begin with!!! i got this set of 2 cd's worth of music that i cant get at any of the samples from because it says that the file is compressed...i can listen to it with quicktime but i cannot edit it... ive tried doing this with both peak and spark xl and they both do not work..this sucks!! there's some phat samples in there!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
that'll work i was gonna say check to see if there pcm wav and if not convert them. but yah you can just sample off the cd ro recore em that will work..
Peace

Medicine Man

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Wave files are sound files in PC format, while AIFF files are sound files for the MAC. I assume you are using a MAC because Peak only works on a MAC, so the WAV file you have probally wont play on your MAC. You need to convert that WAV file into AIFF format on a PC audio editor then you should be able to play it on your MAC. What sucks is that a PC can play AIFF and WAV files, while a MAC can only play AIFF! Thats weird since most proffesional producers use MACs.

members online