How can i disable Time Stretch?

pLentee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I must have loaded a little loop but it speeded up to the tempo, which i dont want done.
How can this function be disabled?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I got a similar question... but I think that's what the guy is asking...

When I load a sample that got loop points, it automatically stretches the shit out of it, and I got to kill that every time... and also, when I'm browing through my sample browser, it does the same thing when i want to listen to the sounds... is there a way to prevent that from happening?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
sygma what exactly are u asking, dont fully understand, if u dont want the loop points, just unclick the loop points box in your channel settings box

plentee, are u asking if you have timestreched a sample, how do i get it back to its original state when u first imported?

sorry just a little confused, prob can help........................

pLentee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
sygma what exactly are u asking, dont fully understand, if u dont want the loop points, just unclick the loop points box in your channel settings box

plentee, are u asking if you have timestreched a sample, how do i get it back to its original state when u first imported?

sorry just a little confused, prob can help........................
nah nah, i want to dis-able the time stretch. i want it to play in its original speed regardless of the bpm in fruity. yknow?

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know what you guys are saying but unfortunately I don't know how to kill it as a default. I sometimes get the same thing with certain samples. When I load them up, FL Studio has automatically stretched the sample.

Since it only happens to me occasionally I just set the timestretch control to zero for each sample affected once I've loaded it.

Anyone know how to stop this from occuring in the first place?

Cheers
Daymo

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^Exactly what I'm saying!!!

Sometimes, I have a sound and, by default, it streches the sample when I put it in FL Studio... Can we take that option off?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
hmmmmmmmm, i never really noticed it was automatically timestretching the samples i loaded, i dont think mine does but dont know, well i dont know how to kill it, but if it happens just speed it up or slow it down depending on how much it was timestreched when brought in FL, its not like its changing the pitch of it so it dont really matter, sorry cant help u with this one, i doubt there is a way to disable timestretch though......

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think its flstudios way of attempting to match your tempo since it seems that the onlytime it has ever happened to me was when i make beats at 180 tempo rather then 90 or so.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
i used to have this problem too, you're talking about using FL Slicer right?

If so, then check this out.

When you add a new FL Slicer channel, by default, these two little options are enabled. One is called "Auto Dump" and the other is "Auto Fit". They are shown enabled in orange. This will automatically dump the sample into the piano roll and also time stretch it to attempt to match your tempo.

So, BEFORE putting a sample into your FL Slicer channel, disable the "Auto-Fit" of these two options (they are found on the middle left part of the FL Slicer box) and then proceed to load your sample.

I disable both cuz I never use what the auto dump gives. Just saves time. Hope this helps.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Check the image.... is that what yall mean?

nizoob.gif

Sqito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
open OPTIONS-> General settings & UNtick 'Read sample tempo information'

From now on, you don't get the annoying auto-stretch by default.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Come on Relic, such violent talk about our dearly loved fruit loops. You know you want to come to the darkside! <insert evil fruity laughter here>