Hip Hop History

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
Dont know if you guys know about this already but for those that dont, this actually is a good watch..
Especially for the hip hop heads out there, found him on youtube as i was looking for tracks to sample.
I probably felt lazy back then as I ended up typing "hip hop samples" and he was at the top of the list.

the first thing i did was get a list of every sample i could get and tried to imitate the flip.
mind you some of the tracks are a couple years back and some of them are really simple that all you have to do is loop and put drums in them.

I know this has helped me a lot in different ways...
first is learning about history then knowing what to look for in records when you go digging, music production etc etc...I still use this as a reference and hopefully you find this as helpful as it was to me...

(I suggest you light shit up have a couple of brews ready before watching this...Dead Serious ;))

shout out goes to @2GooD Productions for giving me the idea!

Nice post, I have a collection of songs called "Hit The Breaks" Its 4 DVD's worth of MP3's of the most iconic songs that have been sampled before. Its like gold dust to me.

The guy in the video reminds me of Fade.

Lol @ Skeelo - I Wish.
LMAO @ "You get the gist, its just like the Loveboat"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm nothing like that weirdo.

Good video though, saw it a while ago. It's crazy how certain songs turn out to be these "classic" samples.