Help!!! im new

M

Myndz

I have an asr-x and im looking to record on my computer. I'm using Logic 5 to record and when i record my drum tracks on logic, i play it back n it sounds like piano notes. So i went looking for some info on the net regarding that issue and someone told me I've got to define custom bank messages. I,ve tried to do that but shit wont work.Basically, what i want to do iz when i record on logic i want it use the sounds of my asr ...any help???

M

Myndz

my soundcard came with my computer and the only connection i got is the joystick port so i connected the sampler thru that on my computer. But from what i've understand from ur answers i cannot get the sampler sounds to my computer via midi??? i should get which kind ov cables to that???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you've got it hooked up to the joystick port, then it should be ok. That's the way I do it. Maybe you don't have the other end of the cable in right. MIDI In goes into the MIDI Out of your keyboard, and MIDI Out goes into the MIDI In of your keyboard. Do you have it hooked up like that?

Oh, and I'm going to move this to the Troubleshooting forum.

M

Myndz

Yep i got it hooked up properly.midi out goes to the midi in port ov the sampler and the midi in goes to the midi out. I,ve tried it with cubas sx alsdo but it does the same thing it wont record my sampler's sounds???:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok, what sounds are you trying to access on your keyboard? Do you have the right MIDI channels set up? Like, is your keyboard on channel 1 and your track in Logic is set to receive channel 1?

M

Myndz

Well basically...i build up a beat using the asr and i'm tryin to send each trackz of the beat to the multitracker.The multitracker gets the data but not the sound that i'm using on the asr.When im sendin track 1 i enable the trackmidiout and i'm settin the channel on cubase to 1..but it doesnt use the same sound

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Aahhh, so Cubase records all the MIDI data, but you don't hear any sounds? Then I'm guessing you don't have any audio cables going from your ASR to your speakers. Could that be it? Because Cubase is getting your MIDI data, so I figure the only thing left is the audio.

M

Myndz

ok...i noticed that i was not selecting the right output on the tracks in cubase. Like the "in" is set to "ALL MIDI INPUTS" and the out is set to "MPU-401". So now it plays the asr sounds.