Head Over Wheel [Sample]

B

Big La

Hey, anybody know the original song that was sampled for G-Dep's "Head Over Wheels"?

[For those who don't know] It's the cut he did for DJ Premier's "NY Reality Check 101" a while back.

Sample Clip

Sounds like a dope cut.

C

Copenhagen

Once again I'm reminded that Sample FAQ isn't updated...

Sounds familiar...just can't remember which song...maybe it'll come to me in dream.

F

Fantastic

I don't know if this helps but that beat/sample was also used on the Born Again cd by Notorious BIG ... can't remember which track but I think it's one with jodeci.. where BIG goes: 'I know how it feels to wake up fucked up, pockets broke as hell another rock to sell..'

B

Big La

That's real big, Fan! I can probably track it down that way. I'll post it if I find it.

C

Copenhagen

The sample used is Tom Browne's - "Charisma"...
Here is a mp3 of it, please tell me if and when you have downloaded it so I can take it of my site again...

Charisma sample

UPDATE: I have now removed the sample...

F

Fantastic

that's a dope sample Copenhagen..

do you know the sample for Notorious B.I.G.'s' I Got A Story To Tell'..
I read somewhere it's not a sample per se, because Chucky Thompson replayed the same chords and took out a few notes, but they said listening to the original is basically the same

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Fantastic
that's a dope sample Copenhagen..

do you know the sample for Notorious B.I.G.'s' I Got A Story To Tell'..
I read somewhere it's not a sample per se, because Chucky Thompson replayed the same chords and took out a few notes, but they said listening to the original is basically the same

I don't see no credits of Chucky Thompson on that album, but Michael Ciro is credited for playing guitar, maybe he replayed it...

I sounds vey familiar, and sounds like a sample. The guitar inspires a song in my head that uses the same melody...If I can only remember which...

One thing is sure, its Al Green's "I'm glad you're mine" drums...

F

Fantastic

Originally posted by Copenhagen
I don't see no credits of Chucky Thompson on that album, but Michael Ciro is credited for playing guitar, maybe he replayed it...

I sounds vey familiar, and sounds like a sample. The guitar inspires a song in my head that uses the same melody...If I can only remember which...

One thing is sure, its Al Green's "I'm glad you're mine" drums...

Yeah.. it's definitely Al Green on the drums...
but in this month's XXL magazine their is a huge feature on Notorious B.I.G. and also a section on the making of Life After Death..
people who contributed to the album speak on each song that made up the album..
Chucky spoke on Story To Tell and basically said how Puff wasn't going to put that song on the album because they couldn't clear the sample.. then Chucky replayed it exactly and they were able to put it on the album..

C

Copenhagen

Fantastic, ok...he just isn't mentioned as taking part of the album in the credits section... ;)

Thanks for asking me about that "Story to tell" sample...it's been bugging me ever since...:confused:

members online