Greetings

eedubya

Glad to join this community. Have followed the YouTube channel for awhile and am joining this community in hopes of expanding my knowledge. I've been making beats since 2000 (started out as a dj and was a producer/rapper in a 90's style group based out of Atlanta) and have been using the MPC 1000 since 2010. I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the MPC and am hoping to learn how to better utilize it for composing (I recently upgraded to JJOS 2XL, I use Studio One as my DAW). I do have an issue with one of my beats. I recently tracked it out into my DAW and went back and loaded it on the MPC to track it out again and there is no sound. Where would I post to get some help with this issue? Thanks.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Welcome to ILL! I dont have a clue on MPCs, since im using DAW only but could you explain it further and more detailed what and how you did stuff? Seems like when it got back from Studio One into your MPC, some shit happened with it.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @eedubya and what group were you part of? Ask @Bino5150 about the MPC 1000

eedubya

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I was in a group called Minamina Goodsong here is an old video from a live show:

Here is a synopsis of my issue. I recently tracked out a beat from my MPC 1000 into my DAW. I went to open the beat up on my MPC to track it out again and there is no sound coming out. Nothing when I hit play, nothing when I hit the pads. If I go to the load screen and play the individual sounds/samples I can hear those but when I load up the project I get nothing. I recently upgraded to JJOX 2XL but reverted back to version 1 5.00 to track out old beats because they didn't sound right with 2XL. I am able to load up other beats and play them with no problem so there must be something with this particular track that is causing the issue. I'll reach out to the user you suggested. Thanks again!

eedubya

The outs on the track mixer for each program were assigned to "12" instead of stereo. I switched them all back to stereo and it worked. I'm not sure why they got switched, and I don't know what 12 or 34 means as far as settings on the outs on the mixer. I'll have to look at the manual and see if I can figure it out.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The outs on the track mixer for each program were assigned to "12" instead of stereo. I switched them all back to stereo and it worked. I'm not sure why they got switched, and I don't know what 12 or 34 means as far as settings on the outs on the mixer. I'll have to look at the manual and see if I can figure it out.
That's odd.

Yeah I think I covered that in a video a while back. I thought "what the hell is 12 and 34?" then realized to save space the screen shows that because it's the outs: 1-2, 3-4, etc. So if you're using the 8 outs on the MPC, that's what it corresponds to. I don't use the 8 outs so I just make sure it's all set to stereo.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Sometimes the best solution is just to ask the guy with the problem to describe it in full detail and then the guy goes: "oh wait..."

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Spider Man Lol GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Laughing Man Lol GIF
Funny GIF

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I think we've all been there...
I have experienced it myself so many times, im like "TF IS GOING ON?!" ppl ask me to describe what actually the problem is in full detail and yeah...all of a sudden my brain goes:" bruuuuv, you dumb af, there aint no problem, just check xyz and do this n that" :ROFLMAO:

members online