Greek Hip-Hop

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Sup people, TriK here and today i wanna ask your opinion about something that bugged me a lot lastly. In case you dont know im Greek. I was borned and lived in greece till now. So lastly an old school hip-hop band who was missing for 19 years (thats almost the age of hip-hop in greece) as a band came back with a brand new album. And a lot of people hated it (including me) , not from disrespect , they where the ones that brought rap battles to greece i couldnt just not respect them. We hated it because they where completely sold out (except one member). Let me explain myself. You see, in greece being swaggy is not a good thing because every idiot comes claiming hes got style and swag and whatever and just get respect by everyone (yes i know thats is just idiotness) and this is the reason why hip-hop is dieing in greece. But Anyway. They started making songs with other swaggers, they started claiming that they are swaggy and started making tracks with other pop artists and all things like that. We all hated it but something feels wrong when you are talking bad about one of the oldest hip-hop bands in greece so tell me what would you do if you were in this situation

Sry if it was a huge thread i just wanted to tell these things to guys that are into hip-hop :)

E

Eliconic

It sounds like they just doing their thing, you should just concetrate on doing yours, there is good opportunity for real music in Greece at the moment, i know a few people that are fed up with the econimic situation, and are looking for new music as a way to escape. Get your tunes and production out there, and you can show this band how its done.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
It sounds like they just doing their thing, you should just concetrate on doing yours, there is good opportunity for real music in Greece at the moment, i know a few people that are fed up with the econimic situation, and are looking for new music as a way to escape. Get your tunes and production out there, and you can show this band how its done.
I kinda agree with you and thanks for your nice words but its not just me its like the half greek hip-hop scene that fights about this. But really i wont give a shit any more ill do my thing :)