Got with the program...

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Got tired of fooling around with the Ren (still love it, just back burner)... Wanted to be able to make beats either in the living room or on the go, and then do what I need to do in the studio. God bless American Musical lol. So i'll just add this to my ever expanding collection. And now I have returned to Sage Mode status where I can walk into a music store or look at shit online and be like, "I don't need anything else". Feels good to have reached Zen again.

FYI: The Ren, which is like that bastard child you haven't seen in years and are dodging child support on, has 1000% better build quality. I like what the One can do, but it feels like a cheep Chinese Temu knockoff compared to the Ren. I'm so conflicted...

IMG_2326.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
All this picture is missing is a plate of bacon and an American flag!

But seriously, that's dope. The One does look like a great workflow from what I've seen. If I ever want something new I'd go with that. As for the build quality, I get that feeling with most new gear that I've touched.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
All this picture is missing is a plate of bacon and an American flag!

But seriously, that's dope. The One does look like a great workflow from what I've seen. If I ever want something new I'd go with that. As for the build quality, I get that feeling with most new gear that I've touched.

But I didn't even pull out my 300 Blackout AR-15 with the blue laser and hologram reticle sight! lmao

But literally, Becky with the Good Hair (my Glock 17) is wherever I'm at, at all times. And the knife (I'm a bldesmith as well) is 400 layer Damascus with a buckeye burl handle. (that's what I opened the boxes with!) One of the judges from Forged in Fire is who taught me to heat treat that, btw... Just figured I'd throw that in the universe lol.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
What's with all the weaponry, illsoldier?

Your beats that hot people tryna steal them while you make them?

Dope re the forged in bladesmithery
I'm a Texan lmao

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Since I've been on a rant lately about Akai, their extortion, I mean customer service, and build quality... imagine my surprise to find out that even though it has not one, but TWO usb ports, the One is not capable of USB file transfer. So you're telling me that my old school 1000 can do usb file transfer, but this nice new standalone can not? Seriously Akai... ugh. Y'all really dropped the ball on that one.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Since I've been on a rant lately about Akai, their extortion, I mean customer service, and build quality... imagine my surprise to find out that even though it has not one, but TWO usb ports, the One is not capable of USB file transfer. So you're telling me that my old school 1000 can do usb file transfer, but this nice new standalone can not? Seriously Akai... ugh. Y'all really dropped the ball on that one.
Wait - really? So their USB is just for power?

The 1000 & 2500 have USB 1.0. Yeah it's slow but at least I can transfer stuff.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Wait - really? So their USB is just for power?

The 1000 & 2500 have USB 1.0. Yeah it's slow but at least I can transfer stuff.

Yup... the USB only serves as a connection for a qwerty keyboard or a midi controller (I copped the MPK mini too), or to use the One as a midi controller for the desktop version of the software. And the program is back to Simult like the 2k; can't even layer samples like the 1k/2500, even though the desktop version of the software is clearly able to do so. a lot of hiccups for a "next gen" cutting edge standalone.

Hopefully there will be some major improvements to the MPC 3 software, because the standalone version of MPC 2 is really a damn headache to navigate and operate. On the plus side, I now have MPC 2 software, so hopefully that will solve the Beats latency issue I was having with my Ren. I love my Ren if I can get their buggy software to act right lol. Not crazy about the little baby mini pads on the One, but I've banged out some pretty hot shit in the last couple days.

I even pulled the 1k back out and scorched the earth with that the other day lol.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I’m @Bino5150 lovin’ my MPK Mini and I’m way less frustrated with MPC Beats/MPC 2 software these days.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
I’m @Bino5150 lovin’ my MPK Mini and I’m way less frustrated with MPC Beats/MPC 2 software these days.
Yeah it makes a good addition to the One, even though I've gotten used to playing scales and chords on the pads. Wish the keys were a little bigger though; my fingers are too big for those narrow tiny keys. They weren't kidding about the "mini" part lol.