Google Talk is phased out

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've been using Google Talk for a few years because it's simple, but now Google wants everyone on hangouts, which I don't care for. So if you're like me and don't want to use it, try Pidgin https://www.pidgin.im

I used Pidgin years ago and it's solid.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Google Talk was the best direct messenger program. Hangouts seems to cater to a broader audience, with video and voice chat, all the bells and whistles... I don't understand why they couldn't just let people keep using Google Talk... shit even ICQ is still around.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This shit just worked:

svicq15.gif

We should all go back to the Commodore 64 or Vic 20.

vic20.jpg

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I was writing a bunch of programs in commodore basic those day, and I was making my own video games. It was not unusual to have a bunch of programs on one cassette and you would write the time on the cassette where the program was ha. Those days were crazy!

I was writing a bunch of programs in commodore basic those day, and I was making my own video games. It was not unusual to have a bunch of programs on one cassette and you would write the time on the cassette where the program was ha. Those days were crazy!
Me too, but on a spectrum. I wasnt cool enough for a commodore.

When I was at college learning C, yes just C no plus plus, we were using DOS.

Now you can rock c#! Ha do you still write code?
Im still making a program to scan my hard disk for reason files and to create a db with previews/ratings/bpm and genres for each. It works, but has a lot of bugs. Programming takes up so much time, its hard to fit around work and music.