Google’s AI-powered music generator

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

So I'm reading this and thinking how crazy this is and one day it will replace beatmakers/producers (maybe). But I realized something - forget about replacing us - eventually we can make our own samples!

Just tell the AI to make a certain style of music like smooth piano, for example, and whatever it comes up with we can then sample and chop up. It's like AI digging. Then there's no worry about copyright unless something happens where the AI gets regulated, but for now this seems pretty crazy.

Anyway, it's an interesting time we're in with all this AI.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
But I realized something - forget about replacing us - eventually we can make our own samples!
I was thinking about exactly this.

I was thinking about doing some art again, but the art I want to do involves some stuff I don't have great skill in, and I thought I could get ai art to create some of the elements I will use (think loops/sampling). I then also thought how that may relate to music, such as the quoted text.

I think the element of this I wouldn't like tho, is I think the creating of those elements would have been part of the enjoyable process. Doesn't stop us from doing that too tho.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Then there's no worry about copyright unless something happens where the AI gets regulated, but for now this seems pretty crazy.
This was one of the elements I was concerned about. Bot necessarily the copyright aspect, but the fact that when you ask it to generate something "smooth piano" as per your example, how many times it will self perpetuate and create practically the identical thing as opposed to being varied.

Ai be doing the whole type beat thing

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This was one of the elements I was concerned about. Bot necessarily the copyright aspect, but the fact that when you ask it to generate something "smooth piano" as per your example, how many times it will self perpetuate and create practically the identical thing as opposed to being varied.

Ai be doing the whole type beat thing
Yeah I thought about that too. I have no idea if it will actually create anything identical ever, or if it will always be a different variation even if you ask it the same thing. Only time will tell.

But I can only imagine how lazy beatmakers will get by just sitting there and telling AI to make a type beat and use AI piano and Drake vocals. BOOM. Instant shit. And we think record labels are obsolete now. These are interesting times.