Gettin MONey...

PEEDICRACKNY

ill o.g.
I been makin beats jus 4 the love of it for a year, and now alot of people want to get on them to rap sing etc. but how do i make money from it...should i charge for the beat.....I dunno....lemme know. how did some one like swizz n pete rock get 2 the level they're at 2 day.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
PEEDICRACKNY said:
I been makin beats jus 4 the love of it for a year, and now alot of people want to get on them to rap sing etc. but how do i make money from it...should i charge for the beat.....I dunno....lemme know. how did some one like swizz n pete rock get 2 the level they're at 2 day.

Years of hard work, and networking....It didn't hurt that Swizz is like the cousin or some shit to Dee and Wah who started ruff ryders

Just get your name out there. Put yourself in a position to be heard. Make yourself as valuable as possible...

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You get to the level of those great beatmakers/producers by running your mouth and moving your feet. It doesnt hurt to attach yourself to a really good artist that will give you the time of day.
Right now your are starting to get a little demand for your music. Capitolize on that. Getting paid for beats is great if you want to be a "beatmaker" but try and seek out an artist with really good flow, delivery and chrisma. Even someone with the potential to make a good song with the right coaching. Heck even a person that has good carisma, is well known has good work ethic and a good look will do even if they cant rap a lick lol!!.
The point is create your own unique "sound" then get out there meet people and find quality, serious artists to work with and make good music with them...
be organized, professional and about business. If you talk it people will believe it......
Soon you will get the recognition........

PEEDICRACKNY

ill o.g.
Slamdino said:
You get to the level of those great beatmakers/producers by running your mouth and moving your feet. It doesnt hurt to attach yourself to a really good artist that will give you the time of day.
Right now your are starting to get a little demand for your music. Capitolize on that. Getting paid for beats is great if you want to be a "beatmaker" but try and seek out an artist with really good flow, delivery and chrisma. Even someone with the potential to make a good song with the right coaching. Heck even a person that has good carisma, is well known has good work ethic and a good look will do even if they cant rap a lick lol!!.
The point is create your own unique "sound" then get out there meet people and find quality, serious artists to work with and make good music with them...
be organized, professional and about business. If you talk it people will believe it......
Soon you will get the recognition........

Yo good lookin out all of yaLL.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Everythings been said that I would have mentioned. You may not get that much money trying to charge for beats right now so it may be in your best interest to seek out talented artists and try to work with them. This way you have a track record of good music that you can have as your music resumè.

slamdino an swivel got you in the right direction.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
PEEDICRACKNY said:

Swizz and Pete Rock are cool and all, but your situation is totally different from theirs.
Both of those fellas came up in the same circles of people who ended up runnin things, so they were able to get on fairly quickly when compared with somebody who doesn't have those contacts to get it poppin'.

"Gettin money" isn't the hardest part, maintaining the relationships that keep you where the money's at, will always be the toughest part of the game to master.
Start where you're at, get established with some business cards and learn as much about beatmaking with YOUR equipment (not what Kanye is doing, or Pete Rock did) as possible.

RaO large

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Shadeed is on point! In order to be successfull you have to develop relationships. Learn how to develop relationships and you will get on.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
If you want to progress as an artist, dont give your work away to people for money. You are just wasting your talent... Collab with others who could benefit from your tracks and you can benefit from them.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
for those that are really in need for cash, i would say sell ur "sampled loop beats." why, u ask? bcuz if it becomes a hit, it has to be cleared. 4get that headache, ur gonna get robbed of ur publishin, and rightfully so, since its not urs anyway. get some cash out tha deal... THOSE are the beats u sell. and gain a rep. dont look at it as ur last hot beat. ur gonna make many more. u gotta gain a rep. ur original beats u copyright and those are the ones u hafta be selective with. but sampled joints u can be more public with... Just Blaze said it himself... he didnt get ANY publishin from "Breathe" and they also had to pay $100,000 up front. now, imagine if that was urs... at least u wouldve got some cash, at the same time, maybe a credit on the album or single. Scram Jones had to stop samplin for a sec to start gettin paid as well. sometimes, u gotta weigh whats best and sacrifice. no use holdin onto beats that theyre gonna rape u of anyway. it still comes down to who u know... that one beat might help u know someone with their foot in the door.

da relic

members online