G.O.A.T. Ghostwriter in the Building

DROOGUHR

Battle Points: 3
Thanks man glad someone’s liking it, and same on the lyrics, positive but also dark.. so how do you go about writing stuff for ppl, as far as compensation? Or do you just do it becouse you enjoy it? New to all this. Just been been spending any free time watching tutorials and and having fun with it.kinda of why I’m not trying to write anything or to worried about even getting someone to write. At the moment right now, shoot I might sound horrible trying to do vocals myself, ha. But if you don’t mind I’ll use what you wrote and play around with it here in the next few days, if it actually sounds halfway descent I’ll shoot you or post a clip.thx for the feedbCk

nikwen

ILLIEN
often when a beat catches me and i freestyle, i'll come out with a few bars of pure genius, i have no idea how it happens. Complex rhyme patterns that are also sensical and contextual. is amazing stuff however that happens
To be honest, I find it easier to come up with stuff while freestyling than when sitting down to write lyrics. But that's also because 4 bars are enough to make me go "wow" during a freestyle.

Someone suggested to me yesterday to just write a rough (and imperfect) draft quickly and refine it later. He said it helps with censoring yourself.

The way I got involved with writing for others is by sending writing samples to a record label and then asking for a job. If you can’t do that, you can simply ask an artist to spit what you wrote for you. You can tell them that you have hot verses but you don’t really spit that much. It’s a dirty job that no one talks about or advertises about so you really have to sell yourself. Ask an artist if they want to use you as a ghostwriter. Most people have been looking for a ghostwriter all of their lives. They just don’t know where to look. That’s where you approach them first and sell yourself. I just sent Columbia Records two writing samples in the mail this month, just in case I need a backup plan. It’s hard because a lot of people don’t believe in ghosts but real often times recognizes real.
That's great insight. Thanks for sharing!

I think that when it comes to rhyming, you shouldn’t be picky. You should say whatever you have to in order to rhyme. If the rhyme scheme comes out superb, than congratulations. But every scheme is accepted, even if you break the pattern and start a new scheme. It’s called a rhyme “scheme” because it’s part of a larger scale project. Ideally you want to finish a whole song and not dwell on lyrics. Your lyrics will shine anyways.

What do you think?
Thanks for writing that! To be honest, I don't have too many troubles with the rhymes. The internet makes it easy to find them.

What's harder for me is making the pattern of each line (where the emphasized and non-emphasized syllables are) match the beat. So that the emphasized syllables are on the beat.

Do you have any tips for that?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
i would deff get some one to write me something so i could have some fire lyrics to experiment with on a beat.

Be like Diddy

49795467.jpg

Be like Diddy

49795467.jpg
I was Diddy’s first ghostwriter, I swear to God! He owes me a big fat check too. I got arrested a day or two before he could give me my check. It ruined my life because the check was worth $36M and that would have changed my life forever. I sent him a letter recently but I doubt I get a reply. It’s a shitty situation. Diddy and Dirty Money!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I was Diddy’s first ghostwriter, I swear to God! He owes me a big fat check too. I got arrested a day or two before he could give me my check. It ruined my life because the check was worth $36M and that would have changed my life forever. I sent him a letter recently but I doubt I get a reply. It’s a shitty situation. Diddy and Dirty Money!

raaasclaaat

members online

No members online now.