1. The Warzone is postponed. Read why.

Fuck sample clearance... READ THIS part 2

1. slik da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
    Battle Points:
    i wanted to hit yaw with the history of samplin... and then the public domain joint... now, im gonna hit you with one site ta get you started... this is where im at now... public domain songs... hassle free music... FUCK CLEARING SAMPLES... i twist my shit up anyway, but i dont think im goin back to buyin records and shit... well... maybe...lol

remember... this is only ONE site... there are THOUSANDS!

http://www.musopen.com/music.php

da relic

2. Knox Raw

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
  3. afriquedeluxe

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    great share man!!!!! will explorer this!

4. Relic

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    This is mostly classical , thus any replaying of it in a form worth sampling is probably protected, but Im not aware of any symphony's suing anyone about sample clearence.
    I'll have to listen but I have heard very little(outside of classical) that is worth sampling that is in the public domain.
    Ima check it out though, good looking out on the link!

5. slik da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
    Battle Points:
    ^^^ i feel u on that, but remember, your "classical" flip could be your "classic" lol... and like i said, there's more sites, i just hit u with this one.

and i think there's so much here its crazy! i think i'm lookin at it a lil differently that you are... one piano score i listened to was 8 minutes long! u tellin me u cant get something outta that??!! and this is public domain stuff... its free... i need more insight on why u feel its protected... can anyone chime in that knows? "god" where are u when i need u...lol

da real

6. 2GooD Productions

2GooD Productions

Its a fucking conspiracy!
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    I think its the actual recording thats copyrighted.
    copyright is automatic upon creation of each seperate recording.
    im sure whoever recorded a particular classical concert and then released the recording owns copyright to it.
    But then there are so many performances, sometimes its hard to tell which one you sampled.

7. slik da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
    Battle Points:
    if u read "Fuck sample clearance... READ THIS part 1", you will see sections "United States law" and "Since 1978"... this explains a few things you just mentioned... but like u said, a chopped generic instrumental riff is hard to detect... one thing i do know based on the "Sampling" thread is this:

"One of the first major legal cases regarding sampling was with UK dance act M/A/R/R/S "Pump Up the Volume". As the record reached the UK top ten, producers Stock Aitken Waterman obtained an injunction against the record due to the unauthorized use of a sample from their hit single "Roadblock". The dispute was settled out of court, with the injunction being lifted in return for an undertaking that overseas releases would not contain the "Roadblock" sample, and the disc went on to top the UK singles chart. Ironically, the sample in question had been so distorted as to be virtually unrecognizable, and SAW didn't realize their record had been used until they heard co-producer Dave Dorrell mention it in a radio interview."

whether its copyrighted or not... KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! lol

da relic

8. thedon98

thedon98

Battle Points:
    ok i live i london when you come down as a token of my aprecition i will buy you a pint of beer and fish'n'chips just to say thanks! damn this is the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahaha you are a fucking genious! and remember holla at me when you come to england for some fish and chips and tea and eastenders on the tv!!!

http://sonnyboo.com/music/music.htm

http://www.stonewashed.net/free-music.html

Enjoy

9. MagnaOpera

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
    not in america...

10. hanayalator

hanayalator

Battle Points:
    Ya I do think that copyright is automatic in America once you create a new work. You obviously need proof that you created it, and you should register it, but even if you don't you still own the copyright.

H

11. DJ Xsinna

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    That is absolutely correct!

12. Sincock

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
    Battle Points:
    Guys, please read the article for fuck's sake. It's PUBLIC DOMAIN.