Fruityloops Question

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay, there are many instruments in fl and on vst's that don't stop or fade out throughout the whole damn song. So what i do is click on the channel, then the button that says FUNC, then down in the bottom left hand corner under time i turn the GAT knob barely up. Now that stops it after a little while, but what do i do if i want it to last longer but not just keep going forever. Is there any way to do that?

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
what i do to get a instrument to stop when i want it to is first right click on the channel of the instrument and check "cut itself" this option tells the program to stop and play the new note when it comes up instead of blendin it with tha previous note like it does by default.. then on the sequencer place a note were u want the instrument to stop playing... then go to top right corner and press the small button w/bars in it that should bring up purple bars. This is the velocity which is how lound the instrument will play....now turn the bar all the way down on the note were u want the instrument to stop......NOw when played the instrument sound stops on that note because it is now playing tha note with no velocity which make it a silent note...hope this is clear if not PM on AIm: unvmyskill

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo! Thanks alot, that's exactly what I wanted.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Also, try adjusting the ADSR envelope to get the sound the way you want...